10 - Ansu Fati

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

If De Zerbi sees him as a LW, this isn't going to go well. He ain't going to get much game time over Mitoma and even if he does, Brighton's left wing is required to play wide and hug the touchline. That's not Fati's game at all

May work if he plays as the striker, but with them already having Evan, Welbeck and just having bought Pedro, his game time there will be even more limited. Especially given that De Zerbi has the most bizarre rotation policy in world football.

Definitely don't see this move doing anything to his valuation apart from decreasing it.

Porque

If he fails at Brighton then his self valuation goes down and he may be open for a move to Portugal.

He does well, and he comes back a better player or big pockets come in for him.

I think it is a win-win for all parties unless he has a Denis Suarez @ Arsenal 'mare.

delancey

Maybe, you know, the pressure at a big club is much higher than at Brighton, a team nobody expects to win any titles. Many players simply do better in a low pressure environment and can't cope with the huge expectations that come with playing for a big team, especially wearing the no10 shirt.
Well this is a fair point, however, that does not negate Xavi’s poor tactics (and how it affects our players). Let’s see how he does under Brighton. I always liked Fati, and hope he succeeds.

serghei

Well this is a fair point, however, that does not negate Xavi’s poor tactics (and how it affects our players). Let’s see how he does under Brighton. I always liked Fati, and hope he succeeds.

Because Xavi's poor tactics only exist in some fans' imagination. Poor tactics don't win top leagues by 10 points difference.

Gnidrologist

I mean in terms of how he is able to develop/use players to their best. We might fail or succeed on some levels, but it's always interesting how one particular player, especially a youngling, plays under different coaches and what he shows.

JamDav1982

Dont think Fati has issues with pressure at Barca and the flip side of being at a big club is that he would have easier opposition most weeks than in EPL.

It is part of coaches job to help players deal with pressure and hopefully DeZerbi can get him motoring at Brighton.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

F48NS79WAAA8zht
Looks like one of those photos that kidnappers force their victim to do , to show the victim's family that they have not been harmed.

Zidane82

Please god don’t play him tomorrow !
Newcastle are easily the dirtiest team in the League .. similar to Getafe and Joelinton is like Pepe and Damien Suarez !

Home of Barca Fans