10 - Ansu Fati

jamrock

I'm obviously a fati fan, I think without injuries, he would be up their, with the best players in the world, in their Early 20's.

But one thing fati has never been, is someone that presses hard and tracks back effectively, that's something he will need to work on, if he wants to win over flick and secure a place in the starting 15-16.

TheStig

I don't know about the burst, but I see him still able of creating separation

For instance, look at the goals when he come back from the injury in 21/22 (from min. 1.02' on) especially the goal against Celta is the epitome of creating separation

That is 2-3 years ago, in the meantime he almost didn't play. We're all just guessing how Ansu will look but I'm not optimistic. Should get minutes, the role of Raphinha on LW on paper suits him well. Could also try him as a 9 if Lewa won't play every second in this season (he will).

Porque

I think he was OK at Brighton before the injury.

Was building until the injury and never really recovered.

After the injury I gave up watching but he was probably atrocious.

Thing is if Flick wants us to press then Ansu is going to either be underwelming or get himself injured. He never worked hard off the ball pre the Brighton move.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
He was ok at Brighton, if not effective, @Porque - I agree but he did not have that burst. The burning question is whether he can be a consistent scoring threat or linkup player at Barca without it

Else it'll have to be at a club like Brighton where he can still have a brilliant career because he is a talent

Andresito

Staff member
I think what further speaks against him is the lack of available playing time. He needs to build rhythm and that will be hard with 30 minutes here and there.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Yeah, no - sorry to say, but ya'll deep down know he's going to suck...
I definitely don’t think he’ll suck, that would betray what sort of a talent he is even without the return of his burst. His link up play, movement, passing and understanding of using spaces is bonafide Masia DNA

MontenegrinCuler

Laughable the faux-hopes here..

Fati is finished
Imagine if you were 21 years old, playing in Barcelona under a manager that trusts your abilities and your widely appreciated and acclaimed talent. And going into the season, position you play the best is in need of a consistent quality performer.

Would you consider your career to be "finished" and give it all up?

Gnidrologist

Laughable the faux-hopes here..

Fati is finished
Should stop using this retarded thrope. Nobody is "finished" in the state Ansu is. He might not live up to Barca standards (which might have been even without injuries) but unless his knee gives up for good, he'll have a good career.
If following this catchphrase, 99, 99% players in the football industry are finished.

Home of Barca Fans