10 - Ansu Fati

Andresito

Staff member
On paper you'd want him getting close to goal from the left. I have no idea how he'll perform now but I wouldn't be surprised if Fermin would be better suited for that role while also adding better pressing.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
On paper you'd want him getting close to goal from the left. I have no idea how he'll perform now but I wouldn't be surprised if Fermin would be better suited for that role while also adding better pressing.

Flick system where nominal left winger/forward plays more centrally would suit Fati nicely. Just like Raphinha thrives.

As for Fermin, he is perfect backup for Olmo. Deco also noticed they are similar profiles that play "between the lines".

Birdy

It’s the burst, it’s always been the burst - it’s no longer there. If he has space, he can be lethal because he‘s a natural goalscorer IMHO. But he still couldn’t get separation whenever I saw him with Brighton

I struggle to see him recover that burst so yes confidence can of course still be an issue for a player who has had a massive change in his fortunes. Let’s see how Flick intends to exploit his excellent link up play and nose for goal because he’s a terrific player, just without a defined position to play to his current strengths

I don't know about the burst, but I see him still able of creating separation

For instance, look at the goals when he come back from the injury in 21/22 (from min. 1.02' on) especially the goal against Celta is the epitome of creating separation

Home of Barca Fans