10 - Ansu Fati

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Rapha is on form, hugely confident with the armband he is wearing and all that stuff, his incredible start to the season. He's trying all the time, and also played a more offensive role than Ansu.

Give Ansu some time, if he doesnt get injured ofc
Meh, Raphinha dropped deeper than Ansu many times and than suddenly was in the box at the end of a nice pass. Ansu looked like he was taking a walk in the park.

BusiTheKing

People are blowing it out of proportion here, massively. He wasn't even that bad, had a comfortable solid game.

Probably been waiting for a long time to say he's finished and now that he didn't get a goal or assist you can't wait to say it.
How he played is not the point. We know he's talented enough either way. The important question was how he would look physically. And it wasn't good news.

FCBfan22

Target man is not what you think it is... that role requires strength first and foremost. something that Ansu lacks the most (together wit hpace)
Yeah, true. Maybe I put it wrong... A CF would be a better description.

The fact is that he can't play a winger anymore. Especially with Flick tactics that require instant pressing from wingers and fast transitions.

Birdy

I didn't see something that bad on him physically

The problem I saw is he is not cognizant yet of the patterns of play under Flick.
Didn't help that he played for 10 or more minutes as left interior, but he seemed like he had something in his mind to rush close to the player having the ball so he can get the ball, lay 1-2s, and move fwd

Problem is that's not how we currently play. He has to learn Flick ball, when to wait, when to move and all that

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Thing is we can't afford 3 relaxed forwards. Lewa and Lamine have that luxury. Fati needs to look to Raphinha and work as hard as he can to win more minutes.

Home of Barca Fans