10 - Ansu Fati

Iniesta Ultra

I didn't see something that bad on him physically

The problem I saw is he is not cognizant yet of the patterns of play under Flick.
Didn't help that he played for 10 or more minutes as left interior, but he seemed like he had something in his mind to rush close to the player having the ball so he can get the ball, lay 1-2s, and move fwd

Problem is that's not how we currently play. He has to learn Flick ball, when to wait, when to move and all that

Fati's moving and playing as he should be. Flickball better include some of our dna because that's what Yamal's missing, players to 1-2 with. Most of Yamal's actions are taking on defenders solo or back passing to restart play, we're not developing his intelligence by not having players like Ohlno and Fati around him.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Fati's moving and playing as he should be. Flickball better include some of our dna because that's what Yamal's missing, players to 1-2 with. Most of Yamal's actions are taking on defenders solo or back passing to restart play, we're not developing his intelligence by not having players like Ohlno and Fati around him.
I agree about Yamal and 1-2 etc - but Ansu is not the player for him to combine with. Soon we'll have Olmo back and Fermin back and than Gavi - than we can even play Pedri on CAM. There's no place for Fati, he can't play on the wings - he's slow and it doesn't look like he even wants to run. He'll suck as CF, will be pushed around and won't break free from defenders because he isn't explosive anymore.
Fati was finished some time before he went to Brighton, most of us saw that - I'll give him another 200ish minutes before being 100% sure, but it's not looking good.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
No, Ansu is a good passer and understands all the 1-2 combinations that have been schooled into him over the years at La Masia

What is absent since his injuries, continues to be that lack of burst/separation - several chances with the ball last night, younger Ansu would've beaten his marker and driven into the box instead of either being dispossessed, taking a heavy touch or unable to turn a corner on that left flank

I do not believe he can be a winger any longer, he has to play as a SS IMHO but it may be too much of a gap for him to fill in this Barca side when Fermin & Olmo are superior options

TheStig

It's all true that he didn't play for a long time, he doesn't have confidence but we also all know that when Gavi will be back he'll be running, fighting, making runs... Ansu was just jogging and playing some simple passes. This shit with Ansu is more mental than physical IMO.

Of course I would play him before Ferran but it's a shame Ansu has this attitude, De Zerbi also spoke about it, it's nothing new.

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
He has a whole season to show what kind of player he has become now.

We are in no hurry or reliant on him, at least this season. He can take his time.

I dont think he will ever be the winger he was before, but the flicks system this year suits him well. He can be a LW or a CF or SS.

We have the personnel behind him to cover well for him. Let's see what he does.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

The difference in his mentality, work rate and desire post and pre injury is night and day. He has absolutely zero willingness to grab a game by the scruff of the neck and be the match winner, which is what he made his name on pre injury.

Doesn't look like he is going to change either. He has gone from being fearless to playing full of fear. And that alone is enough for him to have absolutely no chance at having any relevance in a Barca shirt in the future.

He was rusty and slow as expected after being on the sidelines for several months. Even FDJ didn't have that usual spark and runs he likes to do with the ball.
They came in with a comfortable lead so no need for them to push themselves or risk anything.
I still don't believe he will make it here, but he is still young and can work on the physicality/pace issues he seems to have.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
It's all true that he didn't play for a long time, he doesn't have confidence but we also all know that when Gavi will be back he'll be running, fighting, making runs... Ansu was just jogging and playing some simple passes. This shit with Ansu is more mental than physical IMO.

Of course I would play him before Ferran but it's a shame Ansu has this attitude, De Zerbi also spoke about it, it's nothing new.
Yeah but some people say "but he never ran that much etc" - well, he needs to now! I don't know what it is, but his whole body language pisses me of - there's no urgency, no fighting spirit in him. It doesn't matter if he's been out for x months, we'll see when Gavi is back after 1 year he'll be running and fighting and trying to make something happen from the first minute - while Ansu is casually walking around...

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans