10 - Ansu Fati

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Ansu doesn't have the best workrate but I'd say it's physical rather than lack of desire. He pressed fine when asked to press his right back today.

The only thing Ferran has over him is strength. Ansu can just be bullied off the ball, which is weird because he is 1.78m and 21 years old. But I guess he missed several years of development

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Man I was looking forward to watch him play, he made some ok passes but than just walked around while Raphinha was running his ass of - should be the other way around. So no, just after 30 minutes today I'm ready to say he doesn't have anything to do in Barca - he'll get loaned out to some LL team next summer and we'll pay 100% of his wage and maybe we'll sell him for peanuts when he has 1 year left on his contract.

FCBfan22

I think Flick's main job with him is to teach him how to play to his current strengths. It seems like he wants to play like he did before injuries, but it's just physically not possible.

If Flick unlocks this, he could be very useful.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Man I was looking forward to watch him play, he made some ok passes but than just walked around while Raphinha was running his ass of - should be the other way around. So no, just after 30 minutes today I'm ready to say he doesn't have anything to do in Barca - he'll get loaned out to some LL team next summer and we'll pay 100% of his wage and maybe we'll sell him for peanuts when he has 1 year left on his contract.
He never ran his ass off, he's not that type of player. And you can't expect him to run his ass off in the first 35 mins of his whole season, without any friendlies to build up

Birdy

Ansu doesn't have the best workrate but I'd say it's physical rather than lack of desire. He pressed fine when asked to press his right back today.

The only thing Ferran has over him is strength. Ansu can just be bullied off the ball, which is weird because he is 1.78m and 21 years old. But I guess he missed several years of development

Lamine can also be shoved off the ball.
It's a question what you do with your feet to prevent that

In any case, the LW position in Flick's system is not like the RW, and certainly not like the wingers under Xavi.
You are in between many bodies, and the question is to pick the right option and combine, rather than carry the ball through bully defenders

FCBfan22

Lamine can also be shoved off the ball.
That's true. But what Lamine does afterwards is relentlessly press back and bully the defender. A few wingers do that and it's clear that Hansi demands that from both Lamine and Rapha. We scored a few goals because of those reclaimed possesions this season.

Windhook

At this stage after multiple injuries, he's better as Lewa substitute as fox in the box CF. Just give him the shooting opportunity, he might be still clinical. That's all he's left with.

Useless on the wings.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
At this stage after multiple injuries, he's better as Lewa substitute as fox in the box CF. Just give him the shooting opportunity, he might be still clinical. That's all he's left with.

Useless on the wings.
There isn't any position for him other than Lewa sub and Lewa should play less anyway. Let's see what we'll do with Lewa and the CF spot next summer. But even when playing as CF he needs a little more power and speed than he has now - I'm not asking of him to become Haaland (lol), but just a little more strength and speed.

jamrock

"It's easy to understand. The position in which Ansu played was because we wanted to rest Pedri and we thought that De Jong had to play fewer minutes. Ansu is very good in training. It is at a very high level. We need time for him to play at his best again. He is eager to improve, he is very professional and deserves patience with him"

Dude is literally still in preseason basically, barca forum expects sparks and him to run like raphinha, who Literally only a hand full of footballers in the entire world has that kind of stamina.

Home of Barca Fans