10 - Ansu Fati

jamrock

Could have done a little drag back to create space on that run across the back line, but okay run.

The outside the foot shot was perfect, good save by the keeper.

Iniesta Ultra

Now you say this. But I will do you better.

Yamal ---- Ohlno ----- Raph
------ Fati -------

Better to have 433 with panda, FDJ, and Casado behind my front three to maximize creativity, linkup ability and potential. Also better to give Fati opportunity in position he knows first.

Andresito

Staff member
He thinks his passing ability is better than it is. Tries to dictate play as if he's Neymar or Messi.

His only useful skill is being inside the box trying to find scoring chances, but that will only work vs low quality opponents. From those chances he had yesterday he definitely should score at least one, but I'm OK with blaming it on lack of match fitness.

Ideally we loan him out and then move on. He makes way too much compared to what we get in return.

TheStig

Looked a lot better and more active than in the first game. We'll see how it continues, it's too soon to judge. Don+t expect him to be a world beater but if he could provide the level that we can rotate our front 3 he would be very useful.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
If he keeps this going and improves little by little and even scores some -
He thinks his passing ability is better than it is. Tries to dictate play as if he's Neymar or Messi.

His only useful skill is being inside the box trying to find scoring chances, but that will only work vs low quality opponents. From those chances he had yesterday he definitely should score at least one, but I'm OK with blaming it on lack of match fitness.

Ideally we loan him out and then move on. He makes way too much compared to what we get in return.
Of course he makes too much, we all know that - but there's nothing we can do about it now really... and why bother loaning him out, nobody will pay even half of his wage and in that case it's better we keep him and loan Torres out since he sucks even more. We're stuck with Ansu and might as well hope he does ok enough to be reliable backup. I also don't agree on your assessment of his passing, he just dropped down sometimes to get involved - not like he tried to dictate anything. He also had some decent flicks and dribbles, if he can keep it up and even score sometimes he won't be a total waste.

Loki

Let's hope his fear of new injuries is still holding him back. He'll gain a little bit of confidence with each game he plays. Provided he stays fit, I rate him during season's half time.

Andresito

Staff member
If he keeps this going and improves little by little and even scores some -

Of course he makes too much, we all know that - but there's nothing we can do about it now really... and why bother loaning him out, nobody will pay even half of his wage and in that case it's better we keep him and loan Torres out since he sucks even more. We're stuck with Ansu and might as well hope he does ok enough to be reliable backup. I also don't agree on your assessment of his passing, he just dropped down sometimes to get involved - not like he tried to dictate anything. He also had some decent flicks and dribbles, if he can keep it up and even score sometimes he won't be a total waste.
Loan so that he can play regularly. He hasn't had the chance to do that for years, including his Brighton spell. Always has 25 minutes to prove something followed by a start and getting subbed after 60 minutes and then to be benched again.

TheStig

But that means we will keep playing Ferran. I would prefer Ansu for those 20 minutes and nobody will pay Ansu's wage anyway, at least we have some use of him if we have to pay him.

TheStig

The other option is that the 3rd highest earner (is that true? don't think so) plays for another team while we pay him. So yes, better that he's a cameo player so at least we get something from him.

Home of Barca Fans