10 - Ansu Fati

TheStig

Sometime excuses are going to far. Every adult with some taking care of themselves can run for 20 minutes, let alone someone who is a professional footballer. Ansu could make more runs and try harder but didn't, the same as he didn't with Xavi and De Zerbi (who said that in the media, it's not speculation). I always loved Ansu but some things are getting obvious.

Yeah but some people say "but he never ran that much etc" - well, he needs to now! I don't know what it is, but his whole body language pisses me of - there's no urgency, no fighting spirit in him.

I agree, he has to get to the standard or he won't play. It's simple, Pep said it best, only one player can walk during the match and Ansu in far from Messi to be given that privilege.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
I say put him on LW or rest Lewa and try him on CF. Give him instructions to try to take on players sometimes and be very mobile - to press, run into spaces, advance with the ball etc. Enough excuses, if he doesn't cut it on LW or CF than bye mister... And Flick dude, stop playing Torres and give ALL his minutes to Ansu. Play Ansu as much as we can when we're up or start him with somewhat alright 10 players + Ansu against "weaker" teams. There is no sense in babying him around anymore - if he gets injured or he sucks than what? Nothing really, we'll know and give his minutes to upcoming Masia talents.

Joan

Even from the highlights you can see he gets it, understands the game. But the body doesn't seem to be up for the challenge. As lots of people pointed out, looks scared and doesn't have the drive.

Gazzznigga

Yeah but some people say "but he never ran that much etc" - well, he needs to now! I don't know what it is, but his whole body language pisses me of - there's no urgency, no fighting spirit in him. It doesn't matter if he's been out for x months, we'll see when Gavi is back after 1 year he'll be running and fighting and trying to make something happen from the first minute - while Ansu is casually walking around...
Lol!!

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
We'll see my dude. Start him on LW/RW or CF 2-3 times against mid-table LL team when we have most of our starters than we can talk. If he's still meh and Flick won't play him much more than there are no more excuses, than we can retire this thread...

Loki

Even from the highlights you can see he gets it, understands the game. But the body doesn't seem to be up for the challenge. As lots of people pointed out, looks scared and doesn't have the drive.
Let's wait. Maybe he simply fears to engage with full force from the beginning after all his injuries. The more he plays, the braver he'll become in duels and sprints.

Gazzznigga

Looked terrible.
Wow!!!

Its so comical when people were calling for more opportunities for players like sergi dominguez to get over their poor form despite stinking the joint over and over, but eager to label a player who is playing his first minutes in nearly half a year after an injury lay off "terrible"

There must be something else behind this.

MontenegrinCuler

Wow!!!

Its so comical when people were calling for more opportunities for players like sergi dominguez to get over their poor form despite stinking the joint over and over, but eager to label a player who is playing his first minutes in nearly half a year after an injury lay off "terrible"

There must be something else behind this.
Nobody bar Flick rates Dominguez in this universe and I don't think anybody was calling for more opportunities, agree with the rest

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Let's wait. Maybe he simply fears to engage with full force from the beginning after all his injuries. The more he plays, the braver he'll become in duels and sprints.
And that'll happen... next season? :lol: Nah, I'm kidding - but I'm just tired if excuses.

Raketa10

I am afraid that we need to accept the fact that he ain't gonna be better. He is afraid to press or to go hard in the duel. Furthermore, he might be physically fit but mentally he is far from the required level. Additionally, we don't have a luxury of playing someone who can't engage fully on the field. I honestly feel sorry for him and for the club as he is on a huge salary and has 2,5 years left on his contract.

Home of Barca Fans