10 - Ansu Fati

xXKonan

I was thinking about another recent talented La Masia winger that did have a good amount of hype but decided to take a gamble and leave elsewhere in hopes of success early and that is Jordi Mboula.

I know it's early but an interesting contrast between Fati and Mboula, one ended up staying and got a chance of a lifetime at 16 and made every use of it and will be a first team player while the other went to Monaco and ended up suffering injuries and ended up being in loan hell because he wasn't rated enough to stay at Monaco.

Andresito

Staff member
I was thinking about another recent talented La Masia winger that did have a good amount of hype but decided to take a gamble and leave elsewhere in hopes of success early and that is Jordi Mboula.

I know it's early but an interesting contrast between Fati and Mboula, one ended up staying and got a chance of a lifetime at 16 and made every use of it and will be a first team player while the other went to Monaco and ended up suffering injuries and ended up being in loan hell because he wasn't rated enough to stay at Monaco.

Had totally forgotten about him, thought he'd be younger.

That period saw some big talents leave, probably with Thiago as a reference. Gomez, Moreno, Garcia and Mboula all left when the La Masians chances to reach the first team looked bleak. Now with Ansu I hope the perspective changes. Riqui Puig is another glimpse of hope for the canteranos.

BBZ8800

Fati is a great finisher, not sure why BBZ doesn't rate him.

Because it is too early to hype him.

In some matches he is good.
In other, he is tripping over the ball in Alexis' style.

He could end as a lethal finisher or at Giovanni Dos Santos level.

serghei

So, you'd rather assume everyone is Dos Santos until they score 40 goals a season?

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent

Agreed, but your overall point is kinda negligent. All it takes to break free from your dystopian future is to buy one good striker who will bang in 20-25 goals in Liga consistently. Maybe we will bring on an aging Lewa or Kane, who knows. Futile to make predictions 5 years into the future. Some new talents will break through and we may end up signing the next great CF.

Morten

Also, he is under 1.80, how is he going to win headers in the Champions league?

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Don't know why you take BBZ seriously when he said Rakitic had been a better player than Messi in big games the last couple of years.

it's still vital to discredit him when he's on one of his campaigns because the more naive and easily impressed members of our forum might find his doom-prophesizing exclamations sensible :lol:

And BBZ is not always wrong. He makes good points now and then.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
it's still vital to discredit him when he's on one of his campaigns because the more naive and easily impressed members of our forum might find his doom-prophesizing exclamations sensible :lol:

And BBZ is not always wrong. He makes good points now and then.

He does make good points sometimes. Even in his novelas he often starts out by making sense, but ruin everything with the ridiculous random numbers.

BBZ8800

Don't know why you take BBZ seriously when he said Rakitic had been a better player than Messi in big games the last couple of years.

Always love to read your random comments from the past.
** Please mention how I said that Germany is my favorite to win a WC 2018.

Didn't you think that Halilovic, Bartra, Dembele, Arthur, Alena will be good players, for example?

With your logic about me, you shouldn't even post here anymore after all your estimations from the past.

But that's not how it works, isn't it?

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans