10 - Ansu Fati

El Gato

Villarato!
His movement on the wing looks freaking special, why force him out of position? I have not seen a single scene that indicates he would be better as a CF. Just because hes a good goalscorer doesnt mean he has to play as a #9. He looks a lot like 2015 Neymar (obviously not on the same level).

He'd be best in a front two TBH from what I see.

JamDav1982

His movement on the wing looks freaking special, why force him out of position? I have not seen a single scene that indicates he would be better as a CF. Just because hes a good goalscorer doesnt mean he has to play as a #9. He looks a lot like 2015 Neymar (obviously not on the same level).

Lets see how it pans out.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Can't expect him to shove the defenders off when he's 17.

For his age and position his physique is not stellar but good. Strong in the air, reasonable pace. Balance can be a bit off sometimes, but that is due inexperience.

feggydinho

Really nice positioning today, so we'll be expecting a front line of Fati, Braithwaithe and Dembele. hopefully braithwaithe performs well and dembele doesn't injure again

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Super dangerous and active, and like always when he gets a chance at goal it tends to be at the very least dangerous (and in this case a goal). Shame about the Ramos foul, would've been quite the moment for Ansu to live. Coming on for his debut and becoming youngest scorer with an equalizer against fucking Germany.

IMO he should be getting close to starting level minutes this season. We are transitioning to a new project and new core so we should focus and develop those players as much as possible (including Puig, Pedri).

It's not like we are some juggernaut team where it is unthinkable for a young guy to break into the side. We are not in "win now" mode by any stretch. Ansu should be allowed to find his feet in a consistent role where he gets to learn by trial and error. Because the alternative of 'letting him learn in training and slowly introducing him' doesn't seem as applicable since he does have a great attitude/humility and will be eager to improve as much as possible in training anyway.

Messi983

If Messi stays I'd play Fati and Griezmann as inside forwards and Messi as a (false) 9. Get better FBs (at least one) to keep width when Ansu and/or Griez move inside and Messi drops deeper.

Someone posted a tweet a few weeks ago how Setien used Griezmann in some games as a right inside forward where it was better explained how this could work.

serghei

I'd start with a 4-2-3-1, Messi up top, Fati - Griezmann - Dembele in the 3 behind him. Trincao could appear in the mix as well if he impresses, with all of the starters being benched for proper rotation, including Messi.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If Messi stays I'd play Fati and Griezmann as inside forwards and Messi as a (false) 9. Get better FBs (at least one) to keep width when Ansu and/or Griez move inside and Messi drops deeper.

Someone posted a tweet a few weeks ago how Setien used Griezmann in some games as a right inside forward where it was better explained how this could work.

Whether Messi stays or goes, Griezmann's position continues to be a headache. Should have never signed him...

serghei

Whether Messi stays or goes, Griezmann's position continues to be a headache. Should have never signed him...

If Messi goes, Griezmann fits well. You just need a proper 9 to replace Suarez.

Fati - Griezmann - Dembele with Haaland up top is perfect.

Home of Barca Fans