10 - Ansu Fati

El Gato

Villarato!
And you felt the need to underline this obvious thing because...?

Because you underlined a point nobody cares about that's nothing to do with statements being made.

Griezmann is not a good fit and there's no real position for him at Barcelona without having to sacrifice something. Full stop.

serghei

Well, not a fan of that. Even the classic 10 is a dying breed, just weakens the midfield. Put Messi on the right, center (or where ever) as well and we look disastrous again. Which makes me intrigued what Koeman has in mind when saying Griezmann will be a key player while building his project around Messi. I just dont see it.

Maybe he sees Griezmann up top, like a Depay. Wasn't Depay his 9 for Nederlands in a 4-2-3-1? It depends if we will be faster and quicker with our passes. My point is there's room to maneuver even with this squad if we improve in some key areas which are unrelated to personnel. That's were Koeman will find the toughest job.

Messi983

We should play faster by default if Suarez and Busi won't be in the lineup.

Will this be enough? Probably not but it's a good start.

serghei

Because you underlined a point nobody cares about that's nothing to do with statements being made.

Griezmann is not a good fit and there's no real position for him at Barcelona without having to sacrifice something. Full stop.

I see you're a spokesperson for Barca fans now.

serghei

We should play faster by default if Suarez and Busi won't be in the lineup.

Will this be enough? Probably not but it's a good start.

Then if we will be considerably faster, and more cohesive, it's hard to predict how these same players will look. It's a whole different scenario than what we've seen in the last 2-3 years. I've seen Griezmann at 9 without Messi and Suarez and he was stellar vs Betis with quicker Rafinha and Carles Perez around him. One game, but still, he can play well.

mc_lovin

Maybe he sees Griezmann up top, like a Depay. Wasn't Depay his 9 for Nederlands in a 4-2-3-1? It depends if we will be faster and quicker with our passes. My point is there's room to maneuver even with this squad if we improve in some key areas which are unrelated to personnel. That's were Koeman will find the toughest job.

National team football is an incoherent mess 99% of the time. Incomparable to club football. We will be punished for playing without a true 9, a weak midfield or a frontline without chemistry. Unless Messi bails us out again.

El Gato

Villarato!
I see you're a spokesperson for Barca fans now.

Don't take it personal.

You just didn't add anything to what's being said by your speculation of 'muh he has some traits a forward needs so that kinda solves it'. You could also play FDJ at #10. So what?

Man doesn't fit well.

serghei

Don't take it personal.

You just didn't add anything to what's being said by your speculation of 'muh he has some traits a forward needs so that kinda solves it'. You could also play FDJ at #10. So what?

Man doesn't fit well.

Doesn't stop you from doing the same with Hazard. Never seen you stick to "he doesn't fit well", even though he clearly doesn't. Point is this is a forum, and these discussion are why we are all here.

Griezmann playing as a 9 is a valid possibility under some conditions.

mc_lovin

Don't take it personal.

Man doesn't fit well.

I would rather see Frenkie there :lol: And I have settled for Wijnaldum (whos okayish).

serghei

???

Hazard fits perfectly positionally.

Keep telling yourself that, maybe it will make it true :lol:. Hazard lacks the speed to be a true winger. You look better with Vinicius on the left, than you do with Hazard.

On the way of becoming your Coutinho.

El Gato

Villarato!
Deflecting so hard after someone points out a rather meaningless suggestion which you've taken personally and then moving onto desperately making up some weak ass analogy. Lmao, not even going to entertain this.

Anyway, back to Fati. I thought he was really good today. Did mostly play against probably tired Kehrer(?) and Suele, but mental is impressive. I agree with JamDav in that he's got potential to be more aggressive and central than a normal winger/inside forward. It'd be a shame if he was stuck starting attacks from the wing possibly serving worse players. Kid can battle against most top division players. Very lean now and if he builds mass he'll be formidable.

serghei

Don't wanna entertain useless arguments either with posters who pretend they don't understand that the point of a football forum is to exchange ideas.

Laplacian

Just watched his highlights, and he looks like himself. Great movement, but sloppy execution in a lot of moments. He will be a good player, but he is still a bit raw. Needs a tad more speed and cleverness (routine actually, he is clever) and he will be great.

He will probably be something like David Villa good or maybe even Neymar (less talented but better life choices)

...Look up videos of 17 year old Neymar. He'll never get there mate, he doesn't have the natural talent to be that great of a dribbler and playmaker.

Home of Barca Fans