10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

danumber10

will Messi win ballon d'or this season? I'm not sure.... I don't see it very clear. ...I have doubts. I love Messi but he's not as key for Barca as last season. He's still a legend though.

e28makaveli

will Messi win ballon d'or this season? I'm not sure.... I don't see it very clear. ...I have doubts. I love Messi but he's not as key for Barca as last season. He's still a legend though.

Messi needs rest. It clearly shows. Pep should let him sit out a game or two to recharge.

DucdeOrléans

If it was not clear enough the Ronaldinho comparison was pun. I apologize if it was not clear enough.

What I am trying to say is that I (and others) have spotted a unfortunate habit of his (lack of spirit, determination etc.) something which he never lacked before this season. It can potentially be a dangerous patch for both him and the team.

That's how it started with Ronaldinho. People often think that his decline happened because of his private life (partying) but this is not true since that was also the case from day 1 during his spell in Barcelona. This decline of his first started after a very successful period (2003-2006) for both him (Balon d'Or etc.) and the club due to that exact same mentality Messi has displayed from time to time when he has faced difficulties and the team has sucked at the same time.

I am by no means saying that the same will happen with Messi but only that Pep and the coaching staff should have a chat with Messi about his attitude when that happens.

I don't know if people remember his games against Getafe and Espanyol (as the most clear examples of such a behaviour this season) but those were worse case scenario displays of what an indifferent Messi can look like. Unfortunately I have since seen glimpses of the same in a few matches.

I can be exaggerating but that is nevertheless what I feel right now.

Last edited:

e28makaveli

Absolutely horrible attitude once again this season. As soon as he is faced with difficulties and the rest of the team is just as bad he is useless. No passion at all or determination. Just like when he plays for Argentina and they suck. Must be frustrating to witness as a coach but of course Pep can't do anything about it because it's Messi.

I never thought I would write this but Ronaldo's attitude this season has been a lot better overall also when he and his team has faced difficulties. At least he nearly always give it all.

Ronaldinho II.

What do you want him to do? He is not the firecracker personality like Puyol to go around yelling at his team mates. Messi has never and will not be that way. He motivates the team with his plays. What I want him to do is put some venom in his finishing. Just hit that fucking ball into the net to let out the frustration. No more caresses. But he sure could use some time down.

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP

yes it wasn't his night but overall he gave so many great assists to his useless team mates

and how dare to compare him to gaynaldo !!!! you 4got the super cup & copa del rey games vs madrid

just imagine messi feeding real strikers ( higuain & benzema ) he will get at least 30 assists this season

once again shut the fuck up please

:lol:

D

danumber10

Messi needs rest. It clearly shows. Pep should let him sit out a game or two to recharge.
Why do we always need to make excuses? Let's just accept Messi has been very poor this season. Last season he almost never miss a game and he was still great for the most part.

DucdeOrléans

What do you want him to do? He is not the firecracker personality like Puyol to go around yelling at his team mates. Messi has never and will not be that way. He motivates the team with his plays. What I want him to do is put some venom in his finishing. Just hit that fucking ball into the net to let out the frustration. No more caresses. But he sure could use some time down.

Try and read my recent post:
If it was not clear enough the Ronaldinho comparison was pun. I apologize if it was not clear enough.

What I am trying to say is that I (and others) have spotted a unfortunate habit of his (lack of spirit, determination etc.) something which he never lacked before this season. It can potentially be a dangerous patch for both him and the team.

That's how it started with Ronaldinho. People often think that his decline happened because of his private life (partying) but this is not true since that was also the case from day 1 during his spell in Barcelona. This decline of his first started after a very successful period (2003-2006) for both him (Balon d'Or etc.) and the club due to that exact same mentality Messi has displayed from time to time when he has faced difficulties and the team has sucked at the same time.

I am by no means saying that the same will happen with Messi but only that Pep and the coaching staff should have a chat with Messi about his attitude when that happens.

I don't know if people remember his games against Getafe and Espanyol (as the most clear examples of such a behaviour this season) but those were worse case scenario displays of what an indifferent Messi can look like. Unfortunately I have since seen glimpses of the same in a few matches.

I can be exaggerating but that is nevertheless what I feel right now.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Had he been any other player he would've had a penalty in the first half... His only weakness is his ability to stay on his feet when opponents are fouling him like crazy

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Why do we always need to make excuses? Let's just accept Messi has been very poor this season. Last season he almost never miss a game and he was still great for the most part.
This season? He was very, very good during the first half of the season... Just look at his performance in the supercopa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans