10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DucdeOrléans

Much, much better overall performance from him today. Great to see.

There were several glimpses of the "old Messi" and his attitude was 100 times better than seen recently. His goal and what lead to it proves it.

He is going to break every record in the CL. 44 goals already (only 27 goals away from the record holder) and already 3 CL titles to his name.

He will probably equal Gerd Müller's record of being the CL topscorer 4 times as well.

:worthy::messi::worthy:

Maria

he was pretty average tonight up until the last 15-20 minutes when he was very good.

I agree..his pass for our first goal was very average.

Messi's exhausted, but even when he's like this he gives at least 3 potential assist per game. If only Pedro would regain his form..it could be amazing. :wub:
Also..you can see that the CL is his favourite competition..just like it was Raul's.

Last edited:

gingerless

i really don't know what people are expecting from messi anymore, they just keep clinging on to that 'old messi' notion. it is complete and utter nostalgic fallacy. (not directed at canto but most cules recently). what else do you guys expect from him? he is creating dozens of chances every game and virtually has 2-4 scoring chances each match, not to mention he is (so far) having his best season ever?

X

xaviniesta

i really don't know what people are expecting from messi anymore, they just keep clinging on to that 'old messi' notion. it is complete and utter nostalgic fallacy. (not directed at canto but most cules recently). what else do you guys expect from him? he is creating dozens of chances every game and virtually has 2-4 scoring chances each match, not to mention he is (so far) having his best season ever?

that's a good thing. the standards are so high that even if you score 40 goals and 20 assists in 40 games you are still crap.

and yes, i hate that too when people say (on whatever player) that i miss him from 08/09 or whatever. just enjoy what you have right now and in 15 years come back and say i miss messi.

Canto

Johan Dalin part II

Messi's exhausted, but even when he's like this he gives at least 3 potential assist per game. If only Pedro would regain his form..it could be amazing. :wub:
Also..you can see that the CL is his favourite competition..just like it was Raul's.

You're right he ran Leverkusen rugged in the first halff...was a class act. ran the show completely

BarcaGirl

Leo is the FIRST player ever to score in six consecutive away games in the Champions League.
Once again our little magician breaks records. :)

30aryqc.gif

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper

thought I'd pop back in here now. thought that after a nice CL away win (first in this round under Pep) with Messi scoring and breaking Raul & Sheva's record, the level of idiocy and whinging would be down. I was wrong.

I'll be back off then, just after I make one post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans