10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maria

If Messi would press for 90 minutes like Pedro he coulnd't play so much as he does now..and would probably get injured more often. The only think that displeases me in the last 2 months is his finishing..and that has nothing to do with his pressing or his enthusiasm. He's just tired and he won't be able to rest in the next weeks either because he will have to play with Argentina again..

Hatem Ben Arfa

You sir, are correct. I have been saying the same thing for weeks.

Some people just don't get football I suppose. Messi is stratospheric. He doesn't have to run like a headless chicken for 90mns as if he were Fletcher or Carlos or Makelele to make an impact.

so out of laziness/fatigue choosing not to press the opposition defence at all for most of the season is better than looking like Alexis Sanchez's headless chicken impression due to his pressing of opposition?

we used to get so many goals as team due to all our forwards (especially Messi) pressing, by robbing under pressure defenders of the ball in the midfield or at the back. Not anymore it seems.

Messi is cleary choosing to just lay the ball off backwards and just stand chilling to rest for most of the match, instead of taking someone on 1 on 1. he only starts to have the hunger to do that around the 80 minute mark today? That is not the Messi we all know.

You can disagree with me if you want.

Last edited:

dalitis8

Banned
I've already explained once, I'm not going to do it again.

If you think Messi's performance have not dipped significantly to the point where people are asking what is wrong, then that is fine. If you think Messi has been pressing and putting in even half the effort of last season let alone the 2 seasons before last, then that is fine.

For me, I haven't recognized the Messi I know too many times this season. Messi doesn't even have pressing in his game anymore for the vast majority of his games this season and coming up with world class assists should not distract from the fact that he has been quite annonymous in increasingly more and more games this season. Even commentators are saying more and more, Messi has a had a quiet game.

He's on target for a record breaking return of goals and assists this season, but we all know something is not 100% right with him. The fact that we all know he isn't 100% himself makes it even scarier about how even more GODLY he could be.

How many times do I have to say it on this forum, that the entire Barca squad is drained physically and psychologically from the exertions of the past 4 years?

We have had numerous and disruptive injuries this season, we have played an astonishing number of competitive games, and Leo has been asked to carry a very heavy load indeed. It is not that he has declined as a footballer, nor that he has become complacent. The thing is that way too much has been asked of him this season with Villa out, Iniesta being injured again and again, now Xavi, Asexis out for 2 months, Pedro being totally out of it, Pique being an asshole.

Messi (along with Cesc) have carried a very heavy burden this season, and we should be grateful to them for doing their best. Messi has redefined what it means to be an attacking player. Let me spell that for you: R E D E F I N E D

He has contributed to 60 goals this seasons (way more than Penaldo) and yet people have the nerve to question the best player of all times...

Hatem Ben Arfa

How many times do I have to say it on this forum, that the entire Barca squad is drained physically and psychologically from the exertions of the past 4 years?

We have had numerous and disruptive injuries this season, we have played an astonishing number of competitive games, and Leo has been asked to carry a very heavy load indeed. It is not that he has declined as a footballer, nor that he has become complacent. The thing is that way too much has been asked of him this season with Villa out, Iniesta being injured again and again, now Xavi, Asexis out for 2 months, Pedro being totally out of it, Pique being an asshole.

Messi (along with Cesc) have carried a very heavy burden this season, and we should be grateful to them for doing their best. Messi has redefined what it means to be an attacking player. Let me spell that for you: R E D E F I N E D

He has contributed to 60 goals this seasons (way more than Penaldo) and yet people have the nerve to question the best player of all times...

no one is questionning his ability.

read what has been posted carefully

dalitis8

Banned
no one is questionning his ability.

read what has been posted carefully

And I have answered your criticisms.

To put it in a nutshell, Messi is now the epicenter of our side. He cannot be running like crazy for 90mns. He will get injured/tired/worn off.

His role has changed, and that is for the best. We have 9 other outfield players that are required to run more than him, and do more dirty work than he does. Even Xavi and Iniesta.

D

danumber10

44 goals in CL competition for Messi and still going. Not at his best level yet but I hope he comes back to the old Messi.

Last edited:

joffess

Either you have a Messi which is a little tiny bit lazy, or you have a dead Messi.

Those are your options, and don't tell me I'm wrong.

T

tariqo

44 goals in CL competition for Messi and still going. Not at his best level yet but I hope he comes back to the old Messi.

we got your point madam, but whats the point of repeating it in every comment !!!

btw, 16 goals left to break his record of the last season :worthy: i believe he will play at least 22 games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans