10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badger

I agree mate. Ronaldo is having a wonderful season by anyones standards. But the people trying to say Messi is doing badly in comparison are idiots.

M

mitkoa7x

How many goals and assists did Leo have at this stage last season?
He has 37 goals and 21 assists so far. Last season he had like 23 assists in total, so that rec is going to fall in a week or so.

mixer

tumblr_lz97ftlX5Z1qduj1do2_500.jpg

Leo celebrating his goal.

tumblr_lzgzo3oMQO1rpde00o2_500.jpg

gingerless

why do you have a picture of ramos in your sig? i don't get it, he is acting as a reporter is that supposed to be hilarious?

Alissa

Seeing how Robinho celebrated his first goal yesterday (which in fact was all Ibra's) just made me appreciate Messi's goal celebrations even more. He is the best player in the world and never celebrates his goals alone, he gives credit to his team mates, just the way it should be. I hope Ibra kicked Robinho's ass after the match.

Doobs

The Messiah
Seeing how Robinho celebrated his first goal yesterday (which in fact was all Ibra's) just made me appreciate Messi's goal celebrations even more. He is the best player in the world and never celebrates his goals alone, he gives credit to his team mates, just the way it should be. I hope Ibra kicked Robinho's ass after the match.

Not that Ibra is any different, he rarely celebrates with the team and always has that - "I own the world now" pose (Similar to Ronaldo). :lol:

B

barcelonista

Messi is the most humble athlete being the best at what he does I've ever seen. Watch this:

After making a run that would make even Maradona jealous, what does he do? He fucking APOLOGISES for not having passed the ball. 0:17. That's how natural it comes to him being humble and a team player.

Apart from that, I disagree that Ronaldo is having the season of his life. He's lucky to get a free penalty every 2 games. Without penalties:

Ronaldo: 23 goals
Messi: 35 goals

Quite a difference from open play, eh?

Maria

Too bad that the woodwork stopped him(11 times) from scoring some epic goals this season..

Apart from that, I disagree that Ronaldo is having the season of his life. He's lucky to get a free penalty every 2 games. Without penalties:

Ronaldo: 23 goals
Messi: 35 goals

Quite a difference from open play, eh?

Assists:
Cristiano:9
Messi:21

For me the big difference between this year's Madrid and the one from last year is Benzema..is amazing how much he contributes to the link-up play of the whole team. And that's why Mourinho preffers him before Higuain(although the argentine is a better goalscorer)..and Ramos has been very good also since he's playing as a CB. It would be funny to see him take Pique's place at the EC.

And returning at Messi, this one from last year is pretty nice too:

At that time he was just as tired as he is now..and we saw in the CL final what 2 weeks of rest did for him.

gingerless

how do you measure penaldo's performances anyway? he is just goals.... what else is there for us to use as a measuring stick? this probably is his best season so far... hopefully it's also the summit of the amount of penalties he's gotten too but i won't be holding my breath

edit: yeah maria, that was one of the most "omg... omg....OMG.. NOOOOO WAYYYYY" moments last season as it was a draw at the time

Last edited:

Alissa

Did you guys read the story about the two Bayer players (forgot the names) that fought over Messi's jersey at half time? They both ended up getting a Messi jersey in the end and seemed very happy about it but now Rudi Völler has ordered them to auction the shirts for a good cause because they went too far he said and should have concentrated on the game instead. :lol: :lol:

mixer

Did you guys read the story about the two Bayer players (forgot the names) that fought over Messi's jersey at half time? They both ended up getting a Messi jersey in the end and seemed very happy about it but now Rudi Völler has ordered them to auction the shirts for a good cause because they went too far he said and should have concentrated on the game instead. :lol: :lol:

Yes, that was funny :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans