10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
All the teams from the capital must hate the sight of the little guy! He's scored 6 in 6 against mandril too and gets on the scoresheet regularly against Geta.

L

LaFleur

Best player, no one is better than him. Unique. When he has the ball I cant take my eyes off him. And very cute. :)

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
Messi has a great goal-game ratio in Clasico 6 goals in 4 games. Can I ask what his record is against Espanyol ?

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
cant be as good as against madrid

messi is clutch as he scores in our most important games.

both games vs madrid,
copa final
cl final

beef-supreme

Now I can say that he is better than Ronaldinho ever was. I had to wait for last season to end, and then I've thought about it - now I've decided. Ronaldinho perhaps had more creativity with the ball, but as a player Messi's better and more effective.

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
Now I can say that he is better than Ronaldinho ever was. I had to wait for last season to end, and then I've thought about it - now I've decided. Ronaldinho perhaps had more creativity with the ball, but as a player Messi's better and more effective.
+1

beef-supreme

In terms of what he could do no but in terms of what he did I'd agree.

Ronaldinho could do insane tricks with the ball, but he was never as fast as Messi, and Messi is more effective as a player. I think that Messi can turn a game around or a win a game alone more and better than Dinho could. However I will always watch videos of Dinho during his prime, because he was just different, he was out of this world - and while Messi is beautiful, Dinho was beautiful in a different way. I guess it's impossible to say that beer is better than wine; you have to have both.

*but not wine before beer - only beer before wine. And that actually works in the Barca context.

C

ChuckaOwns

I have to disagree about your statement that Messi can turn a game better than Ron could, IMO Ron could turn a game around much easier than Messi can, Ron had tricks that could take on a whole team just like Messi's dribbling, but the defining difference is that Ron is/was one of the best pasers in the world he could switch the play so easy from one side to the other and don't gert me started on his through balls...He could do more than Messi can atm, had more variety and therefore can do more things with the game.

beef-supreme

I have to disagree about your statement that Messi can turn a game better than Ron could, IMO Ron could turn a game around much easier than Messi can, Ron had tricks that could take on a whole team just like Messi's dribbling, but the defining difference is that Ron is/was one of the best pasers in the world he could switch the play so easy from one side to the other and don't gert me started on his through balls...He could do more than Messi can atm, had more variety and therefore can do more things with the game.

I fully agree with your statements about Ronaldinho's passing but about turning games around not so much... Since Dinho played quite a while ago now, I can't actually give precise examples of him turning games around - or failing to do so. But what I can say for certain that when Messi comes of the bench it means Barca will win, for example Shakhtar, Racing, I think Osasuna or Atleti? Not sure. To top it all off Messi virtually always performs in the most important matches, including CL and Clasicos. And Copa. Dinho wasn't anywhere in the CL final whereas Messi was defining. Dinho had an amazing Clasico when he was also given a standing ovation, but I don't think that he played amazing during really all of the other ones, whereas Messi's always done well. The team built around Messi has been more successful than the team built around Dinho (not taking any credit away from Ronaldinho, he's a legend to me.) I think Messi can carry the team just that little bit more than Ronaldinho. But of course for long periods Ronaldinho didn't have Xavi, and also he brought the club out of the gutter really. It's close but it's Messi for me. In the end what decides it for me is that with Ronaldinho, we would often lose matches last minute, or we'd be losing and we wouldn't come back. Even in the CL winning season. But with Messi we've got that never-say-die attitude, often coming back fighting, and being solid near the end. And to me that's turning a game around and carrying a team.

C

ChuckaOwns

IMO You can't say Ron wasn't as succesful with his team, because it he didn't nearly have the same quality of players...NO WAY!..(only Deco and Ron playing at the level they were would of made it into this team)

Also you can not say Ron did not turn up in big games...3-0 vs Madrid? Nearly beating Chelsea by himself for us to only go out because Carvalho was holding Valdes? there's loads more examples...Also you can't say Ron was no where to be seen in the champions league final because, where was Messi in the Chelsea game...Both were no where...Why? becuase there was 11 players behind the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans