10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mobster_1930

We can tal about Xavi and Iniesta all day long, but Messi delivers end product perfectly. He has a vision of Xavi, pace of Iniesta, dribbling of Maradona and coolnes and finish of top class CF. He is incredbile. He makes difference in Barca.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
We can tal about Xavi and Iniesta all day long.

Well done on just dismissing two of the greats of the modern game. They may not provide the finishing touch that Messi does but without Xavi and Iniesta Messi wouldn't have 10% of the chances to finish that he does now. I could talk about Xavi and Iniesta all day long, they're magicians, they make football beautiful to watch and without them we wouldn't have won anything last season.

Visca Terrassa :xavi: i visca Fuentealbilla! :iniesta:

mobster_1930

Well done on just dismissing two of the greats of the modern game. They may not provide the finishing touch that Messi does but without Xavi and Iniesta Messi wouldn't have 10% of the chances to finish that he does now. I could talk about Xavi and Iniesta all day long, they're magicians, they make football beautiful to watch and without them we wouldn't have won anything last season.

Visca Terrassa :xavi: i visca Fuentealbilla! :iniesta:

You got me wrong. I rate Messi, Xavi and Iniesta as world top 3 players right know, but Messi is incredible. I am aware that Messi wouldn't be so good without Xavi or Iniesta as we can see that from Argentina point of view.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Which should never have been needed had the club done the job properly last year. The sooner we get Sandro back in who actually knows how to handle that side of things then the sooner we'll stop bleeding money on gratuitous renewals such as this.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
words from messi

"What matters most to me is the group, if that goes well individual awards can follow but in this squad any player can win an individual award. I'm just one of an impressive group of great players. In this locker room, there are no leaders, we are a close knit group and on or off the field, we get along great," Messi told AS.

Regarding the European Footballer of the Year award, Messi said he doesn't know if he will win it and stressed that he is only interested in playing football.

"I spend my time playing, doing my work and finding my best [form] on the pitch. If the award doesn't come it doesn't matter."

The Argentine forward also said that comparisons between himself and Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo do not interest him

"It doesn't not bother me or anything. Last year, when we were compared, I said that everyone looks to do the best for his team. The rest is up to the journalists," he added.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
I must have seen the same interview with Messi about 20-odd times, the one which goes through the story of how he came to Barça, how much he still loves Argentina, how great his family is and how surprisingly shy/humble he comes across as. I think he just faxes over a list of bullet points to the journo's office and tells them to feck off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans