10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alissa

Watching Iniesta fail while trying 'The Messi' (read chip) just made me realize once more how difficult they are, Messi just makes it look so easy. Even Iniesta (it's Iniesta for crying out loud) can't score those and Messi scores them 9 times out of 10. This guy is a freak!

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Watching Iniesta fail while trying 'The Messi' (read chip) just made me realize once more how difficult they are, Messi just makes it look so easy. Even Iniesta (it's Iniesta for crying out loud) can't score those and Messi scores them 9 times out of 10. This guy is a freak!

yeah but to be fair Iniesta could even miss with an empty net :lol:

Messi is an absoloute master of the chip though

Alissa

I'll just leave this here

He has of course scored a chip in his career (and that one is particularly beautiful since it's vs. Madrid), like I said he's INIESTA, but Messi scores chips on regular basis, he does it with the left foot, right foot, you just know that it's somehow going to go in. That's brilliant technique, and I was just pointing out that even a genius like Iniesta can't do it like Messi does it. It just shows once again how amazing Messi is. Btw. it would be interesting to have a compilation of the attempts that didn't go in, I'm sure there aren't a lot of them around, are they?

yeah but to be fair Iniesta could even miss with an empty net
Lol yeah, his finishing is really bad, it's like he's afraid of the goal. Maybe he tries too hard or just doesn't have the confidence. His finishing is the reason why I don't like him playing too close to the goal, he doesn't have the sharpness required.

mixer

The reason of this miss is that he doesn't often have such situations, and don't really know what to do. Despite this, he had an empty goal, he should score.

abual3bed1

Lol yeah, his finishing is really bad, it's like he's afraid of the goal. Maybe he tries too hard or just doesn't have the confidence. His finishing is the reason why I don't like him playing too close to the goal, he doesn't have the sharpness required.

it's just that he always looking for the harder option to score ..

X

xaviniesta

his chips are out of this world but man, he does that even with his weaker right foot! if any of you guys play football, go out and try to chip over the goalkeeper with your weaker foot, i will give you 10€ if you won't fall down.

LaPulga

his chips are out of this world but man, he does that even with his weaker right foot! if any of you guys play football, go out and try to chip over the goalkeeper with your weaker foot, i will give you 10€ if you won't fall down.

challenge accepted.

B

barcelonista

Someone already mentioned it. Iniesta doesn't score against crap opposition. Too easy for him and below his standards. That's not how he rolls. He only scores the winners in CL semi-finals or WC finals. :worthy: :iniesta:

BarcaGirl

Someone already mentioned it. Iniesta doesn't score against crap opposition. Too easy for him and below his standards. That's not how he rolls. He only scores the winners in CL semi-finals or WC finals. :worthy: :iniesta:

So, this basically means, that Leo has only so many goals, because he scores them against crap opposition.

Clockwise

Buccaneer

he is a very smart chipper but when we talk about Leo chips I always think of Shakhtar goalie! ate them for breakfast...

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
all this talk about chips is making me hungry

My sister sent me a care package today including a couple of bags of my favorite chips from the US, Taco flavored Doritos...A ridiculous thing to ship overseas, especially at a cost of 50 USD :lol:

But I am verrrry excited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans