10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

lessthanjake

Youngest ever to reach 150 Liga goals: Messi 24y 267d - Raul 25y 247d - Zarra 27y 306d - Eto'o 27y 313d - Pahino 28y 328d

Absurd. I'm curious whether people think Messi will keep this pace up. I remember thinking after the 2009 season that there was no way Messi would keep scoring that many goals; after all, he had increased his goal scoring tally from 16 the previous season to an absurd 38 that season. It seemed like an anomaly that wouldn't occur again even if he continued playing a more forward role. Of course, he came back with 47 the next year. Again, I thought that would be his peak. I thought that again last season when he got 53; after all, no one gets 50+ two years in a row! However, he looks certain to break that mark this season and I think is very likely to hit 60.

It confuses me because it seems so logical to believe that there is no way he can keep improving each year like this, because he just keeps putting up more and more ridiculous numbers that make improvement seem impossible. But he keeps improving, and at the age of only 24, it makes sense that he won't have hit his peak for another 3 years. Do you guys think he will keep improving (or at least keep up his current pace) for the next 3-4 years, or do you think he will come down to earth to some degree (with coming down to earth probably meaning about 40 goals still haha)?

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
too bad CR7 would be the one with fastest 100, 150, 200 & 250 Liga goals record...

Take it you li'l whacked up Messi suckups!!

CR7 >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Leo Messi

F

Frejsgodes

Galliani (vice-president Milan): "Messi is the best player ever. And this is said by someone who has seen Maradona and Pele play." [milanch]
x1Eq3.png

X

xaviniesta

:rofl1:

thats one shitty line you made there.

View attachment 4953

hell, lets make him even more onside from a shitty quality picture thats made like 100 meters away from the situation.

attachment.php

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans