10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flavia

yes at times it is resting.

I thought that is what he was doing against Madrid in order to save himself for Chelsea. But then the Chelsea game came along and there was again no pressing, leading me to think wtf is going on?????? is he injured or has his resting on the pitch gotten to the point where it has become a bad habit verging on 'i can't be arsed' proportions when he is not in need of rest. I don't know if this gastric problem that caused him to miss training was a reason for the lack of pressing in the Chelsea game or not because it has been most of the season there has been a huge lack of his pressing game or movement off the ball.

also the whole more susceptible to injuries thing, I disagree with that. 08/09 and 09/10 the pressing he did then did not cause injuries leading him to missing games.
There are some reports he played with a disconfort against rm and chelsea. That slip in stanford bridge may have cause him groin problems, but that wasn't confirmed. I doubt it will, seems one of the things that we never get to know. But he even attempted to recover the ball a few times against chelsea, on camp nou. I don't think he's becoming lazy or with a bad habit. Messi's been playing almost nonstop for 4 years, he needs to be careful so he won't end up injured.

Yugo Count Dante

Btw, I didn't say I share the views of him, I just said he's an experienced coach... we may have different perception on how we view players... as a fan we might slightly view the players differently.

Maria

former Barcelona boss Antic

"He argues with team-mates and with referees' decisions," the Serb told Com Radio. "This Messi has changed a lot.

"You cannot dispute his quality but his state of mind in the last few months has not helped his abilities.

"Messi is now intermittent. He doesn't help recover the ball, the defensive work starts when the play finishes."

I see that not only we have a psychologist here, but we also have someone who didn't even watched Messi playing in the last 4 years..although that didn't kept him from running his mouth for money.

I tried to stay away from this thread because I knew that it will upset me, but I couldn't...and I just want to say that I would like to see some of those who demand excellence from Messi in every single detail of his life doing the same with them. I would like to see you when you are constantly kicked and the ref does nothing or when a whole supposed best team in the world relies only on you for about a year and your teammates(bar Busi) constantly dissapoint you..I'm sure your behaviour and work-ethic would still be the best.

There will be a time when Pep and Messi will be gone(one sooner then we expected it probably) and even though Barca will make me suffer more, at least I will know that some of those who demend excellence from others every single day will know how to appreciate more what we have lived this years. Sorry for this rant, but unfortunately, sometimes I feel like many cules don't deserve this team. :(

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
I see that not only we have a psychologist here, but we also have someone who didn't even watched Messi playing in the last 4 years..although that didn't kept him from running his mouth for money.

I tried to stay away from this thread because I knew that it will upset me, but I couldn't...and I just want to say that I would like to see some of those who demand excellence from Messi in every single detail of his life doing the same with them. I would like to see you when you are constantly kicked and the ref does nothing or when a whole supposed best team in the world relies only on you for about a year and your teammates(bar Busi) constantly dissapoint you..I'm sure your behaviour and work-ethic would still be the best.

There will be a time when Pep and Messi will be gone(one sooner then we expected it probably) and even though Barca will make me suffer more, at least I will know that some of those who demend excellence from others every single day will know how to appreciate more what we have lived this years. Sorry for this rant, but unfortunately, sometimes I feel like many cules don't deserve this team. :(
True but not msot of the cules, Messi has been playing continuously for the last 3 years having only having minor breaks and yet they expect him to run around and play at his best every game but the thing that will happen is he will prove his doubters wrong again and they will start making statements like "Messi best in the world" but a few bad games and then they will say "he has lost it", you guys have to appreciate what he has done for the team over the years.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!

Maria, I know you are upset, but you make it sound like all of our players (bar Busi) are crippled or something... Constantly disappointing? I agree this season most of our players have been off form, but they've been amazing for 3+ years without significant rest, and if we can deal with that, so could Messi and even if he can't he better get used to it because that's some of the perks of being the best... Don't turn him into a martyr now...

ricknattery

Maria, I know you are upset, but you make it sound like all of our players (bar Busi) are crippled or something... Constantly disappointing? I agree this season most of our players have been off form, but they've been amazing for 3+ years without significant rest, and if we can deal with that, so could Messi and even if he can't he better get used to it because that's some of the perks of being the best... Don't turn him into a martyr now...

Maria said nothing but the truth, plus it's not like Messi has had some horrible outburst, they were just normal reactions we see on any player or person under pressure. Nothing to damage his image at all. Besides don't know who you are refereing when you said: "we can deal with it". The fans and Messi are not in the same position, he gives his all and it's only normal to demand some support from his teammates, he hasn't crossed any boundaries, so no idea where the word martyr came from

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
Maria said nothing but the truth, plus it's not like Messi has had some horrible outburst, they were just normal reactions we see on any player or person under pressure. Nothing to damage his image at all. Besides don't know who you are refereing when you said: "we can deal with it". The fans and Messi are not in the same position, he gives his all and it's only normal to demand some support from his teammates, he hasn't crossed any boundaries, so no idea where the word martyr came from
The fans who regularly are in the Camp Nou they support him.As for teammates we cant expect more as far as goals from Xavi Iniesta Sanchez or Fabregas they are midfielders even though they have to get occasional goals but cannot get even half of what Messi has scored, its bad luck when we have a player like Villa out injured.

F

Flavia

Before someone says they're worried because Messi wasn't in the press conference room, here is him and Pep this morning, after Pep said he was leaving:

2012-04-27_ENTRENO_01.v1335529810.JPG

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
Leo Messi: "I wholeheartedly thank Pep for how much I have been able to give in my personal and professional career.I am feeling emotional, that is why I chose not to attend the press conference of Pep.Especially because I know they(journalists) search for the look of the players' faces and this is something that I have decided not to show "

Last edited:
F

Flavia

"Quiero agradecer de todo corazón a Pep lo mucho que me ha dado a mi carrera profesional y personal. Debido a esta emotividad que siento, preferí no estar presente en la rueda de prensa de Pep, lejos de la prensa, sobre todo porque sé que ellos buscarán los rostros de pena de los jugadores y esto es algo que he decidido no demostrar". He posted on his official fb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans