10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

La LL

Generally Delightful
He'll have a Ballon Dor to show for it :)

I'm not sure he'll hit 70 which is the all time single season record but there's no reason to suggest he wont be hovering around that mark next season.

With all due respect to Messi I really do no see him top this seasonal tally ever. Neither do I see anyone beating his current goal ratio in a season in the foreseeable future.

It's going to feel weird when he starts scoring a mere 40 goals per season.

Vapor

Based on how he played today... with 5 goals to score and 4 games to go... I really believe he can do it. One hatrick.. a brace here or there. It doesn't seem too far away to me.

I would love if he would just knack that this season and get that out the way, because I have a feeling that next season and the coming seasons he won't be shouldering the goal scoring load so massively like he did this year.

El Guaje

He'll have a Ballon Dor to show for it :)

I'm not sure he'll hit 70 which is the all time single season record but there's no reason to suggest he wont be hovering around that mark next season.

Isnt the record 67 goals in a single season?
Can you provide a link that says 70?

With all due respect to Messi I really do no see him top this seasonal tally ever. Neither do I see anyone beating his current goal ratio in a season in the foreseeable future.

It's going to feel weird when he starts scoring a mere 40 goals per season.

That is exactly why I want Messi to get to 70 or 71, it is incredibly hard to get to these kind of numbers, and now when he is so close, I hope he takes all the chances he gets to make it to 70. I dont think he will score this much too, but he should get to 50+ atleast.

T

tariqo

Messi assist. "Messi, Messi, Messi. He knows the laws of physics; the laws of physics don't know Lionel Messi.

ray hudson

La LL

Generally Delightful
Ah, here we go:

The numbers of Leo are of another age. In fact, in terms of Argentinean football players, he equaled the record of Héctor Scotta, who scored the same number in 1975 with San Lorenzo (the top in all history, according to the FIFA books, is Scottish player Archibald McPherson Stark,who scored 67 in 1925).

from http://www.totalbarca.com/2010/news/messi-sometimes-i-enjoy-more-making-assists/

Googling it lead to nothing about 70 goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans