10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
In practice that's not really true.

Fifa Ballon d'Or is a result of a subjective voting of 150 NT captains, 150 NT coaches and 150 media people, who can use pretty much any criteria they want. Also if you are making titles matter, they are won season wise, not a yearly basis.
Never do we mention the Ballon d'or won by Messi last year was won for the 10-11 season but he won the Balloon d'or for 2011 .The voters can use any criteria but that will be based on the whole year not just 11-12 season.Well the titles have an impact but that doesn't mean Messi cannot win it this year just because he didn't win the league and the CL the real fact is he has outdone everyone i cannot imagine anyone who is close to Messi this year except for cr.

J

jiopi

Never do we mention the Ballon d'or won by Messi last year was won for the 10-11 season but he won the Balloon d'or for 2011 .The voters can use any criteria but that will be based on the whole year not just 11-12 season.Well the titles have an impact but that doesn't mean Messi cannot win it this year just because he didn't win the league and the CL the real fact is he has outdone everyone i cannot imagine anyone who is close to Messi this year except for cr.
Actually we say he won the 2011 Ballon d'Or, not for 2011. If you are basing voting in anyway to the titles, you have to use whole season as a criteria. What is true though, is that titles aren't the only criteria as some may think. Nor are stats. It's basicly a subjective vote, so everything that has happened, will affect the voting. I would say the biggest argument for Messi this year is, if he can break Gerd Müllers record 67 goals, it will be massive for him. People have won Ballon d'Or before without any titles, having scoring just loads of goals. And if you score the biggest number of goals ever in a season, it will be huge argument for Messi.

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
Actually we say he won the 2011 Ballon d'Or, not for 2011. If you are basing voting in anyway to the titles, you have to use whole season as a criteria. What is true though, is that titles aren't the only criteria as some may think. Nor are stats. It's basicly a subjective vote, so everything that has happened, will affect the voting. I would say the biggest argument for Messi this year is, if he can break Gerd Müllers record 67 goals, it will be massive for him. People have won Ballon d'Or before without any titles, having scoring just loads of goals. And if you score the biggest number of goals ever in a season, it will be huge argument for Messi.
But whether he does break it or not he has been the best performer until now and he deserves it more than anyone else.

Yugi

Antonella Roccuzzo (Messi's girlfriend): "Well, I think I can say yes. We are expecting a baby. I'm 11 weeks into pregnancy." [Publimetro]

oh yeah!

F

Frejsgodes

Girl or Lionel Messi Jr.? If it's the latter, then sign him pre-birth, Rosell!

Yugi

The baby's gender can be determined after 3-4 months, be patient. In the meantime sign Aguero's son.

just imagine this: Aguero´s son with Maradona genes having child with Messi´s possible daughter = superMessi+Maradona genius
omg make it happen for football´s sake!

Kerrybai

Shuffle things around? These are professional athletes not kindergartners getting gold stars or something ;)

I think it's a bit unfair to Messi to suggest that the committee "spread" out the award to keep people interested and player morale high. It's unfair because Messi deserves his accolades. 65+/29+?!?!?!?!?! That's unheard of, and if Cristiano wants to win it, he will have to bleed and leave everything on the pitch in Euro's to get his country past groups and perhaps get far in the competition. He or anyone else will need to elevate their games to extraordinary levels to be considered on the same playing field as Messi. It's only fair.

Firstly you have to remember that this award was handed to Michael Owen in 2001. From what I can gather he scored important goals that helped Liverpool win titles that year and also did well internationally, for example he scored a hat trick against Germany. His stats were not out of this world however which shows that stats are not everything.

Now if we look at CR7 he has 57 goals and 14 assists. In terms of goalscoring he only trails Messi by 8 goals. That gap could be further reduced in the remaining games, as well as that he may end up with a European golden show. Basically in terms of Stats they are very similar excluding assists.

Next you have to consider important goals, the sort of goals that allowed Owen to beat Raul and Figo. CR7 effectively won the league title against the best team in the world by scoring at the camp Nou. On top of that he produced moments of brilliance in other games where his team struggled such as the 4-1 defeat of their rivals Athletico and despite his teams champions league exit, he did pick up two goals in the Semi Final.

Finally CR7 has 6 goals for his NT this year including two goals in a game that sent them to Euro 2012. He also has the that competition to play in this summer whilst Messi only has a WCQ and a friendly against Brazil. 3 or 4 goals and advancement to the Quarters would do wonders for Ronaldo's chances.

Messi deserves the award and I hope he get's it, but this year is going to be much tighter than the previous year.

BarcaGirl

Calm down people. It's still nothing official. They got this 'news' from one of these fake Antonella accounts on twitter.

Also, many newspapers and other media are picking up tweets from these accounts and taking them as official statements so we have Olé and other sites saying “Antonella herself confirms she is not pregnant” and then other South American news websites claiming “Antonella herself confirms she’s 11 weeks pregnant”.

Remember, we are still waiting for OFFICIAL confirmation about this matter. Antonella has not said a word about this nor has Leo confirmed/denied it. And their families had made clear that in case it’s true Leo will be the one to make an official statement. The pregnancy is a rumor, a very strong rumor, but just a rumor so far.

We just have to wait. :)

PequenaPibe

Your GF doesn't even know who Messi is? Women: what do they know about sport??? :shakeshead:

Also bit worrying she thinks he's "so cute". Your in a bit if trouble there mate I'd say :D
oy oy don't believe all women are ignorant about football, depends how you are brought up I'm from a football family, as in all my family are into it so I'm a huge Barca fan. Barca means everything to me and got to admit I can understand why guys are so into football and not so much relationships, It's better to cry when your team loses knowing that they will make some epic comeback and stay with you, then for a girlfriend who's ditched you or something. Too much problem so I'd rather stick with mi Barca ;D Have to admit though his girlfriend should know who Messi is, even my friends know and they aren't into footie either. Oh and he shouldn't worry if his girlfriend thinks Messi is cute, he is gorgeous and everyone has celebrity obsessions, just don't take her to argentina because the argentinos can pretty much sweep any girl off her feet so thats when you will be in trouble jaja

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans