10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarcaGirl

Pep: "Mourinho says Ronaldo should win Ballon d'Or rather than Messi? Some day Messi won't win it but this season he's been brilliant."

K

kroki223

Pep: "Mourinho says Ronaldo should win Ballon d'Or rather than Messi? Some day Messi won't win it but this season he's been brilliant."

Yes, Messi was brilliant, but he couldn't win la liga and the champions leage. They are higher titles! I want for Messi balon de Ohr, but Ronaldo won la liga!!! I1m very sad, that Messi couldn't play well against Chelsea and Real.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Yes, Messi was brilliant, but he couldn't win la liga and the champions leage. They are higher titles! I want for Messi balon de Ohr, but Ronaldo won la liga!!! I1m very sad, that Messi couldn't play well against Chelsea and Real.

Messi has won 3 titles already, and might win a fourth. CRon looks set to win one. Ribery and Gomez are likely to win the CL. And then there's the matter of the Euros.

Cron will have to win the Euros to win the BdO

abual3bed1

Messi got to beat 2 world cup winners + a treble winner all together .. no worries about him this year

Last edited:

Yaotzin

Well RM and Barca went out at the same time in the CL, so that one's a wash. Messi gets a small edge for the CDR. Ronaldo gets an edge for La Liga. How big, though? If you look at the stats, it's pretty clear that the difference between Barca/Real is the likes of Benzema and Higuain. Messi has actually achieved more in the league, if anything. At worst they're a wash there.

Messi should absolutely win it. 65+ goals and 25+ assists - if that isn't enough for a best player of the season then we're living in the twilight zone!

Galning

Ballon d'Or isn't awarded to the player who wins the most trophies. It's supposed to be awarded to the best player, thus it should go to Messi.

Maria

Ballon d'Or isn't awarded to the player who wins the most trophies. It's supposed to be awarded to the best player, thus it should go to Messi.

It's a combination of many things(individual performances and team trophies are the most important, of course)..until today I didn't really care about the Ballon d'Or(especially after loosing CL and Pep in the same week :( ), but when I saw Mou's campaign for Cristiano after the game against Bayern and again today(saying that CR deserves it because RM won the league, although in 2010 his opinion was different- he said then that Iniesta and Messi don't deserves it because Inter won the CL), I hope Leo wins it just to see Cristiano's face when that happens.

MagIX

Well RM and Barca went out at the same time in the CL, so that one's a wash. Messi gets a small edge for the CDR. Ronaldo gets an edge for La Liga. How big, though? If you look at the stats, it's pretty clear that the difference between Barca/Real is the likes of Benzema and Higuain. Messi has actually achieved more in the league, if anything. At worst they're a wash there.Messi should absolutely win it. 65+ goals and 25+ assists - if that isn't enough for a best player of the season then we're living in the twilight zone!

I agree

Spain Supercup (vs RM: 2-2 / 3-2): Leo decisive with 3 goals and 1 assist
New spain record in supercup: 8 (or 9) goals, broken the record of Raul.
European Supercup (vs Porto 2-0): Leo decisive with goal and assist.
Club world cup (vs Santos 4-0): Leo decisive with 2 goals.
New record: first player ever to score and assist in 6 different competitions in a single season

(Probably) for the fourth consecutive year topscorer CL

so far: the player with most goals (65) and assist (29) in Europe.

65 goals.... second is Alexis with 15!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans