10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Don't get me wrong Diego, Messi is awesome and has had great moments this season, but his head isn't right in this very moment, we might give him rest once and for all because in the long run it may get worse, especially because a defeat against Madrid or Inter will get him a lot of bad press... So if we want the better Messi, we have to give the guy a rest, we have capable players to play in his place...

I don't think I'm being pessimist, not once did I say we would lose El Clásico, or get relegated, I just said that it wouldn't bother me if Messi didn't play next week, it'd be a bummer for him to miss such important games, but if it's in favor to his health I'm all for it...

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
he had like 2-3 games this season where he wasnt the best player in the world even pele and Maradona had off days u cant jump all over Messi every time he dosent dribble 8 players and score.... if we had won today i doubt we would even be having this conversation

not to mention he has been over traveled and over played and kicked left and right ever game what do u expect he is still only 22 and has more pressure then any player

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
The idea that we'd be better off against Real without Leo deserves ... He was our most dangerous player in the first half tonight. And seen as everyone was pretty shite 2nd half that makes him one of our best performers vs Bilbao.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
not to mention he has been over traveled and over played and kicked left and right ever game what do u expect he is still only 22 and has more pressure then any player

That's exactly my point, man! He is tired, therefore he's not in good shape, which means he could use some rest... Putting him in a position where he would get more pressure (even more form the Madrid press) would hurt him even more, so that's why I suggested that he sits on the bench for a couple matches...

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
u didnt just say he should rest u clearly said he has played horrible this season.....

Quote me on that! Look for a post where I said he's been horrible (and I don't mean saying "he's not on good form") and to add it up this whole season!

You won't find it, because I never said that, I said he's not been playing well lately, which is waaaay different than saying "horrible this season"...

jairzinho

i think Pep was right to take off Messi..he is clearly fatigued and needs rest ahead of games against Inter and Real which will say alot about where we stand so far this season.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
so if messi played in the classico he would not be any help to us? who is worthy to replace him and do a beter job then?

i think Pep was right to take off Messi..he is clearly fatigued and needs rest ahead of games against Inter and Real which will say alot about where we stand so far this season.

messi asked to be subbed bc the pain in his leg
i do not think pep planned to take him out with such an intense finish in mind for the match

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans