10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

veryfatchocobo

He won't miss El Clasico with the placenta treatment XD

Seriously though, I don't know how well it works, but it actually seems to do wonders.....

T

Trillske

Heh, so worst case scenario is both zlatan and messi are gone.

Hmm.. Time for Barcelona to park the bus. :)

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
Hmm.. Time for Barcelona to park the bus. :)
Thats actually not so untrue. Considering the missing players and the ciritcal situation, a change of tactics with regards to the available personel isnt the worst idea. Two draws vs Inter and RM wouldnt be that bad. We would still have any chances in the future to come back when the squad is fit and in form again.

On first sight it looks a bit cynical, but its pretty much functional to follow a different approach as usual: play deep, offer the opponent more space to use long balls in the attack, otherwise contain the game via short pass possession.

Playing the defensive line a lot deeper will conceal the weaknesses of our available CDs, esp. Chryg. You can then more safely run Puyi on the side, letting him guard CR (in el classivco, if fit). Switching to a long ball game, you can also make much more use of the CDs wide passing skills. Running both Busi and Keita as ball winners and pure containers isnt too bad either. Keita isnt creative anyway. And both him and Henry are best with space in front of them too. So you just set up the game differently: play deep, let the opponent move forward, get into the space behind the opp. MF line, and be confident with a 0-0 if the opponent doesnt bite or it doesnt work it.

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
How sickening was it when Messi got that cut on his eye ? That was horrific the guy should have been booked for that.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Jaij, the system stays the same but for now, it looked as if Zlatan was always thinking: "1) pass to Messi, 2) if one not available after three checks, shoot"

If Messi ain't there, he could be more the Zlatan of his inter days ...... against Inter. :)

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Yes beast, yes. He will also score an offside goal which is deemed onside by the fans with as a result the betrayal of the contract with Inter to end the game with a draw and win the game 3-2 for Barcelona.

I mean he will go for his own prestige. I was afraid for his ego and all but so far he has done the opposite. Now he can fill that ego as Messi is injured.

Beast

The Observer
Let's face it Kev, his CL record is poor even though he usually score @ group stage you have to wonder if he has the mental to pull it in a do or die game vs Inter.
u need 4 points so a defeat vs Inter and a trip to Kiev in the last round isn't the best scenario

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
It isn't the best scenario, but we still have one. Inter also have to handle Kazan and they just had plain damn luck to take anything from Kiev. Everything is possible in this group, none of the teams in this group have a good scenario. We have no Zürich to win 5-0 with playing crap. It does not work that way in Group F this year.

We'll see this week (if he plays at least) if he can pull it off. So far he hasn't, but that was not with Barcelona. he was also unlucky versus Kazan with those framework balls, it was not that he was rowing Z the shizzle. Not scoring is one thing, but framework balls and genuïne good gameplay isn't really part of choking in my book.

Last edited:

Beast

The Observer
Trust the system not the players , especially when one has a reputation of bottling it in big occasions .
If you change it to give him the freedom you will lose more than the game .

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
G, I am not talkign about changing the system. Not at all, I don't want it and I don't even believe for one sec that Pep will change it.

I am talking about the burden of Messi as THE player of Barcelona and the world for zlatan in his play.

J

justin

Lionel Messi urges Cesc Fabregas to quit Arsenal for Barcelona
Time has come for Fab to head home, claims Argentine.

Barcelona ace Lionel Messi has urged Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas to come and join him at the Camp Nou and become the "greatest midfield player in the world".

The Gunner has long been linked with a move back to the Catalan club and, speaking to the Sunday People, Messi has now joined the debate by telling the young Spaniard to head back to his homeland.

"Everybody at Barcelona knows about Cesc Fabregas,” he admitted.

"He is one of the greatest midfield players in the world and the sort of player who would suit the Barcelona style of football.

"If he chooses to leave Arsenal I am sure it would be for Barcelona. And, if there is any doubt, I would like to say to him this is the best football club in the world - and if he came here I am sure he would become the greatest midfield player in the world within three years.

"If he came now he could learn off players like Andres [Iniesta] and Xavi, who are the best central midfield pairing in the world.

"At Arsenal he is the main guy, but he knows how much he can learn from Andres and Xavi, and I know that they would both love to have him.

"If he does decide to leave this summer, I think it is time for him to finally come home."

Despite the near-constant speculation Fabregas has always insisted he is happy in north London but Messi warned that the midfielder needed to be winning trophies and that may mean finally leaving the Emirates.

He added: “I understand that Arsenal means a lot to Cesc.

"But there comes a point in your life when you have to think about winning the biggest prizes in football, and I think it has got to that point for him.

"He has given Arsenal great service, but he should be winning league titles and European Cups.

"I played with him for the youth team at Barcelona and you could tell he was a special player - he had great vision and passing range even then."

-------------------------------
DISGRACEFUL

Yet another blatant attempt by Barcelona to tap up Cesc. You guys should feel ashamed about your club's disgusting and disrespectful behavior. Yet another Barcelona player trying to unsettle Cesc. You will never see the players or chairmen of English clubs using the media to unsettle players.

It's about time for Platini and Blatter to punish Barcelona and also Real Madrid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans