10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jiopi

I don´t care how much he scores, I want him to win trophies, many many trophies for us, Barca
Sadly scoring and creating goals is all he can do, winning trophies is done by teams. Although I wish he could defend as CB also, now that would be sight to behold. :p

Hatem Ben Arfa

How the hell did Romario manage to score so many goals? He didnt play in the stone age like Pele and Puskas (and Muller to some extent)?

Romario played until he was like 40 I think. Besides I thought Romario scored 1000 goals already. I remember him being on Republica Deportiva and them celebrating Romario scoring his 1000th goal

K

kroki223

I don´t care how much he scores, I want him to win trophies, many many trophies for us, Barca

You don't care how much he score? You don't care Messi, and you don't deserve to see him on the pitch!!!!!

J

jiopi

Messi: "Last season is history, we start from zero again. We want to compete for all trophies, like we did last year."

Messi: "Don't think about breaking records. I try to get better every year and I hope I won't get injured and will be able to play al games"

Messi: "Tito helped me a lot to grow as a player at the academy. Couldn't have imagined we'd meet again at first team, but I'm happy we did"

Messi: "Ballon d'Or? Still a lot left, we don't even know the nominees yet. Casillas? He can also win it."

Messi: "At the start of a season, my goal is always to better myself. Not regarding goals, but regarding helping the team."

Messi: "Cristiano Ronaldo criticizing me during the Euro? I don't have anything to say about that."

Messi: "Xavi and Iniesta Ballon d'Or candidates? Hopefully one of my teammates wins it, they've done a lot, they desrve it."

Messi: "I'm not used to holidays being that long. I was very eager to start again."

Messi: "Villa is a key player for us, his return to the team is crucial. He scores a lot and we missed him last season."

Messi: "Hopefully Mascherano can renew. He's important on and off the pitch. He does great at centre back, didn't play one bad game."

:worthy:

MMKa

Messi's goals (not including youth, B team, ARG U20 or friendlies):
253 in 329 official games for Barcelona.
26 goals in 70 games for Argentina (senior team)
2 goals in 5 games for ARG U23
------------------------------------
281 goals in 404 official games.

Why not B and C? They are senior teams however. And why junior U-23 and not junior U-20? Besides... (see below)

Best Goalscorers All-Time (Official Matches)

1. Bican, Josef (Austria, Bohemia/Moravia) 805+
2. Romário (Brazil) 772
3. Pelé (Brazil) 767
4. Puskás, Ferenc (Hungary) 746+
5. Müller, Gerd (Germany) 735
, als
Source: http://www.rsssf.com/players/prolific.html

Let's check them.
Bican: Rapid-Amateure 3g@2, Rapid-Reserve 24g@13, in division 2: 51+ goals, also some Praha, Ostrava "national team". Without them 728 goals.
Romario: Brazil U-20: 11 goals, subnational league
Pele: Military-team 1 goal, subnational league
Muller: Amateur League 51, South Germany Championship (Youth) 2, Reserve Team Championship 2, Regionalliga Süd (2nd level) 33

So, a list like that includes Messis not only B and C team and Argentine U-20 matches but maybe also Juvenil matches (not friendlies). That's 336 goals and 157+ assists in 475 matches.

Last edited:

KhaledBarca

Infographic: ‪#Messi‬'s Stats (Barca +ARG):
- 399 games (270W 77D 52D)
- Goals: 279
- Assist: 127

pic.twitter.com/QoClGXxh

AyFTAuACQAA2ymJ.png:large

KhaledBarca

Why not B and C? They are senior teams however. And why junior U-23 and not junior U-20? Besides... (see below)

Let's check them.
Bican: Rapid-Amateure 3g@2, Rapid-Reserve 24g@13, in division 2: 51+ goals, also some Praha, Ostrava "national team". Without them 728 goals.
Romario: Brazil U-20: 11 goals, subnational league
Pele: Military-team 1 goal, subnational league
Muller: Amateur League 51, South Germany Championship (Youth) 2, Reserve Team Championship 2, Regionalliga Süd (2nd level) 33

So, a list like that includes Messis not only B and C team and Argentine U-20 matches but maybe also Juvenil matches. That's 336 goals and 157+ assists in 475 matches.

You might be right...
but imo, such competitions should not be included (for all players)...
maybe Barca B and Barca C should be included (cause in Spain, B/C Teams play in 2nd, 3rd or 4th division.... but for sure, goals with Juvenil or any other youth teams should not be considered....

Bojan has 800? or 900 goals for Barca youth teams :) imagine if we consider them as official goals !

MMKa

Bojan has 800? or 900 goals for Barca youth teams :) imagine if we consider them as official goals !

Yes, something like that but I think they are mainly from Cadet, Infantil, Alevin, Benjamin and whatmore youth teams. Yes, that's the case: http://arxiu.fcbarcelona.cat/web/castellano/noticies/futbol/temporada10-11/07/13/n100713112005.html

but imo, such competitions should not be included (for all players)...
It's all about a list criteria. It has to be same for all in that list. Olympic games? Pele never played. B and C in lower division? In Brazil they have state leagues.

IFFHS has a list of top division goalscorers with Pele, 541, on top (Bican 518, Puskás 511, Romário 489, ..., Messi 169).

Then they have a list of World goalgetter (2000–) which has goals only in international (or continental) competitions: 1. Drogba 100, ..., 5. Messi & Eto'o 84, 6. Villa 80. Messi is going to top that list soon. Pelé would have 103 goals in that list (Brazil 77, Copa Libertadores 16, Intercontinental 7, Supercopa Sud-America 3); Müller 143; Puskás 126; Romário 118; Bican 61 (according to RSSSF).

I think that 279 goals in 399 Barcelona "A" + Argentina "A" is most official but one should compare it to others with same criteria. Not like one news report comparing Messi's 253 club goals to Pelés friendly total 1281 :)

PS. Great infographic!

Last edited:

KhaledBarca

Yes, something like that but I think they are mainly from Cadet, Infantil, Alevin, Benjamin and whatmore youth teams. Yes, that's the case: http://arxiu.fcbarcelona.cat/web/castellano/noticies/futbol/temporada10-11/07/13/n100713112005.html

It's all about a list criteria. It has to be same for all in that list. Olympic games? Pele never played. B and C in lower division? In Brazil they have state leagues.

IFFHS has a list of top division goalscorers with Pele, 541, on top (Bican 518, Puskás 511, Romário 489, ..., Messi 169).

Then they have a list of World goalgetter (2000–) which has goals only in international (or continental) competitions: 1. Drogba 100, ..., 5. Messi & Eto'o 84, 6. Villa 80. Messi is going to top that list soon. Pelé would have 103 goals in that list (Brazil 77, Copa Libertadores 16, Intercontinental 7, Supercopa Sud-America 3); Müller 143; Puskás 126; Romário 118; Bican 61 (according to RSSSF).

I think that 279 goals in 399 Barcelona "A" + Argentina "A" is most official but one should compare it to others with same criteria. Not like one news report comparing Messi's 253 club goals to Pelés friendly total 1281 :)

PS. Great infographic!

100% agree...

thanks for liking my infographic...
btw, do you have a twitter account? (you have great info)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans