10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kishore680

Messi should think regarding penalty s. He s not a good penalty taker according to me!! Lampard is the best in the business! what say guys!!..

Hatem Ben Arfa

he's never been the best Penalty taker. 50/50 chance he will score or it will be saved in my opinion because he has always gone to one of the bottom corners and never with much power at all.

kishore680

ya cesc fabregas is a good penalty taker, he should take. And david villa shud be given a chance to take free kicks!! Hardly we score in free kicks :-/.. increasing messi goals agnst ronaldo may be the reason ;)

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Free kick goals last season:
Messi: 3
Xavi: 2
Villa: 1? (not sure)

I wouldn't say we hardly score freekicks, in fact we scored more than Madrid

MagIX

Messi should think regarding penalty s. He s not a good penalty taker according to me!! Lampard is the best in the business! what say guys!!..

sell Messi buy Lampard

he's never been the best Penalty taker. 50/50 chance he will score or it will be saved in my opinion because he has always gone to one of the bottom corners and never with much power at all.

50/50 ? ridiculous
he takes penalties like Maradona. You dont need power to score. Or do you think he's not able with power ? He has his way to take penalty, CR has another way and doesent seem better (statistically).

BerkeleyBernie

He seems to stubbornly want to put some kind of personal signature on his penalty-taking, with a slow stutter run-up and placement, but he's not fooling good keepers. He should just smash it into the side net and be done with it. Even the best keepers can rarely stop such a shot, no matter how good or how lucky they guess. Messi's capable of that, of course, but he just won't do it.

Hatem Ben Arfa

sell Messi buy Lampard

50/50 ? ridiculous
he takes penalties like Maradona. You dont need power to score. Or do you think he's not able with power ? He has his way to take penalty, CR has another way and doesent seem better (statistically).

not really, a keeper has a 50/50 chance if he decides to dive down to one of the bottom corners just before he strikes the ball. Almost all Messi's penalties are in the bottom corner with hardly any power at all.

I think I could save a Messi penalty.

MagIX

not really, a keeper has a 50/50 chance if he decides to dive down to one of the bottom corners just before he strikes the ball. Almost all Messi's penalties are in the bottom corner with hardly any power at all.

I think I could save a Messi penalty.

If so, why statistically is not 50% saves ? Why CR who takes penalties with power dont have a better statistic ?

Are the keepors so stupid to choose always the wrong corner ? Maradona was stupid because he took penality in the bottom corner without power ? Do you think that Messi is so stupid that he dont know that if the keeper choose the right corner has a chance to save the penalty ?
He has his way to take penalties, is neither worse nor better. Stop. You dont like it ? who cares ?

Last edited:

Henry_IB

Banned
Uhmm what? I am quite sure penaldo got better success ratio than Messi when it comes to penalties.

And I agree with most that he is nothing special when it comes to penalties, plenty of people who are better than him.

Kixer

Villa and Fab should take some penalties. In the end of last season everybody in Barca tried to make Messi score as much as possible. We can say that they did a great job, especially when the goal was to get him more goals than Cristiano.

kishore680

If so, why statistically is not 50% saves ? Why CR who takes penalties with power dont have a better statistic ?

Are the keepors so stupid to choose always the wrong corner ? Maradona was stupid because he took penality in the bottom corner without power ? Do you think that Messi is so stupid that he dont know that if the keeper choose the right corner has a chance to save the penalty ?
He has his way to take penalties, is neither worse nor better. Stop. You dont like it ? who cares ?

Oh then his way is wrong :D .He should change it. thats what we r saying!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans