10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kroki223

Uhmm what? I am quite sure penaldo got better success ratio than Messi when it comes to penalties.

And I agree with most that he is nothing special when it comes to penalties, plenty of people who are better than him.

ronaldo isn't a better penalty taker.

K

kroki223

Messi has to get the responsibility. He has to score the penalties. I don1t want others to do it.

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
Messi has to get the responsibility. He has to score the penalties. I don1t want others to do it.

Why? The purpose of a penalty is to score the goal. If the keeper can keep up a 95-100 percent success ratio, then please let him take him. The best penalty taker should take it, and if Messi proves to be not that spectacularly good, he shouldn't take it...

Hatem Ben Arfa

If so, why statistically is not 50% saves ? Why CR who takes penalties with power dont have a better statistic ?

Are the keepors so stupid to choose always the wrong corner ? Maradona was stupid because he took penality in the bottom corner without power ? Do you think that Messi is so stupid that he dont know that if the keeper choose the right corner has a chance to save the penalty ?
He has his way to take penalties, is neither worse nor better. Stop. You dont like it ? who cares ?

why not statistically 50% saves? because every goalkeeper is different and has a different approach to saving penalties.

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
Messi a better penalty taker then Penaldo? No. There is a reason why he's called Penaldo you know. To be honest Cesc and Villa should be taking the penalties for Barca, they are far less predictable the Missi (see what I did there?).

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Messi a better penalty taker then Penaldo? No. There is a reason why he's called Penaldo you know. To be honest Cesc and Villa should be taking the penalties for Barca, they are far less predictable the Missi (see what I did there?).
he mostly got it the nickname due to a combination of luck, di maria, and referees

JackaL

Penalties are always in favor of the penalty taker than the keeper. As a matter of fact, I remember reading/hearing once that the reaction time of the keeper is so slower than the time it takes for the ball to reach the goal line. A penalty is never a 50 vs 50 situation. Regular penalty takers such as Messi and Ronaldo have a tougher job, as they are watched all the time and their penalties are recorded, statistics made out of them, so keepers can have an advantage if they see a certain pattern/algorithm in their penalty taking.

Personally, I like penalties that are taken with a strong shot in the corners, so that even the best keepers don't have a real chance.

J

jiopi

he mostly got it the nickname due to a combination of luck, di maria, and referees
You can replace luck with diving.

He got the nickname because after first half of the season, so much of his goals were penalties. 7/20 or 35% of his La Liga goals were penalties before Christmas. :lol:

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Penalties are always in favor of the penalty taker than the keeper. As a matter of fact, I remember reading/hearing once that the reaction time of the keeper is so slower than the time it takes for the ball to reach the goal line. A penalty is never a 50 vs 50 situation. Regular penalty takers such as Messi and Ronaldo have a tougher job, as they are watched all the time and their penalties are recorded, statistics made out of them, so keepers can have an advantage if they see a certain pattern/algorithm in their penalty taking.

Personally, I like penalties that are taken with a strong shot in the corners, so that even the best keepers don't have a real chance.

I'm a fan of going for power... towards the keepers nuts... This tactic is especially useful early in games ;)

T

tariqo

+1

Messi for me at least is 1 of the worst penalty takers i've ever seen

Daemul

Excellent at dribbling, finishing and passing

Very good at everything else attack based

Good at freekicks

Okay at heading

Not good at tackling and marking

Not very good anything else defense based

Shit at penalties

Daemul

Yeah I know, its just that i'm so annoyed at how predictable his penalties are, its the same thing everytime. To make matters worse, the one time he tried someething different, he hit the post. Any other player and the coach would be telling him to "step aside son and let someone else have a shot".

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
Messi is fantastic at everything he does inside a football pitch. Scientific fact. Everyone misses sometimes. To say he is shit at taking penalties, is wrong. With that being said he is still perfecting many aspects of his game, believe or not he still hasn't peaked as a player. I know crazy, and his penalties will only get better.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans