10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PhilS

Lionel Messi not starting against Getafe tonight was the end to a streak of 36 consecutive starts for Barcelona #fcblive [via @messistats]

I reckon it was on purpose....how could you Tito? :tito:
theres obvious animosity between them

Is it possible that Messi has a Barca coach this year? That Tito has the guts to do what Pep never did, make Messi rest a reasonable amount? Messi is the best sub I have ever seen, I'd love to see him come in off the bench maybe twice every month.

X

xaviniesta

Is it possible that Messi has a Barca coach this year? That Tito has the guts to do what Pep never did, make Messi rest a reasonable amount? Messi is the best sub I have ever seen, I'd love to see him come in off the bench maybe twice every month.

twice every month? :lol: thats like every other game dude :lol:

Meitux

:pep:

K

kroki223

I don't understand something. Guardiola made the same with Messi, when Messi came back from Argentina, but last season Messi didn't have so many matches in Argentina, and in Barca there were a lot of injured players.
When could he have rested??

P

Patty2720

Tbh, Messi is the only reason I watch Barca. 4-5 years ago a friend of mine told me to watch a game with him, and i did. Back then I wasn't that fascinated by football, I had maybe seen 2-3 games in my whole life, and it didn't interest me, at all. As the game went on I started to notice, a back then - 20 year old kid, with 10 on his back. His pace, technical skills and his overview of the pitch was so astonishing. Messi was so superior. Ever since that day 4-5 year ago, not a week has gone by without Messi not being on my mind.

So, I would ofc prefer him not being a sub : )

P

PhilS

twice every month? :lol: thats like every other game dude :lol:

Look again at the schedule. There are two games a week almost every week for the rest of the season, assuming Barca goes as far as usual in the knockout tournaments. For 8 games in a month, I do think Messi should rest at least two half games.

P

PhilS

I don't understand something. Guardiola made the same with Messi, when Messi came back from Argentina, but last season Messi didn't have so many matches in Argentina, and in Barca there were a lot of injured players.
When could he have rested??

Well, Messi consents to missing the two early round Copa games before and after the winter break, so that should continue. And he might miss one game for suspension, and maybe the one or two CL games or other Copa games if Barca after Barca has gone so far ahead the result is completely safe. So, he plays in maybe 61 of 65 Barca games. He comes out for a sub zero times, because that makes him go insane. But he comes in as a sub often enough to keep it down to about 5000 minutes a year, so that we have some chance to see him play for a long career. I just don't want him to have to retire at 30.

pawanme10

Lille president tells French media he expects Chelsea's
Eden Hazard to be eventual replacement for Leo Messi
at Barcelona. What do you think about this statement? -ASG.

LOL! :D

Paganinisrvnge

Lille president tells French media he expects Chelsea's
Eden Hazard to be eventual replacement for Leo Messi
at Barcelona. What do you think about this statement? -ASG.

LOL! :D

That is absurd. Hazard is good but so overrated that it makes me sick. A 19 year old Messi was already miles ahead of Hazard is now. There will not be anyone as good as Messi for a long, long time if ever.

Henry_IB

Banned
That is absurd. Hazard is good but so overrated that it makes me sick. A 19 year old Messi was already miles ahead of Hazard is now. There will not be anyone as good as Messi for a long, long time if ever.

You're interpreting what he says entirely wrong. He's not saying Hazard will become better than Messi and replace him. He means that when Messi eventually draws closer to retirement Barcelona will bring in Hazard as Messi's replacement. Of course not as good as the orginal though.

F

Flavia

@barcastuff
Today exactly 12 years ago, Lionel Messi arrived with his father in Spain, hoping to have a trial at Barcelona.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans