10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flavia

Loving how he's racking up all these assists. Is there a record for most assists in a season he could break? I would love if he only scored like 30-40 goals but had 30-40 assists. It would be better for the team overall. Although, I still hope he scores at least 50.
He had 29 assists last season. He scoring doesn't stop him from assisting as well.

CatalinR10

Loving how he's racking up all these assists. Is there a record for most assists in a season he could break? I would love if he only scored like 30-40 goals but had 30-40 assists. It would be better for the team overall. Although, I still hope he scores at least 50.

Xavi had 33 , I don't know if any other player have had a bigger number. I wouldn't be so shocked if he would reach over 80 again cause in every mach he has the chances to score a hatrick.

Paganinisrvnge

He had 29 assists last season. He scoring doesn't stop him from assisting as well.

I know that but I would prefer him only scoring 40 or 50 goals but helping Villa, Pedro, Alexis score 15 each on the way to winning titles instead of scoring like 80 without titles. The interesting thing to note is that we know he isn't going to catch fire until later in the season but he has improved so much. His free kick taking has gotten spectacular and his passing/vision continues to improve. He is going to destroy teams when he reaches his best form.

impeh

Hi, its me..
popping up with a couple more assists :wub:

but in general i thought his passing was a tad sloppy.. Need a goal or two from him at the weekend :barca scarf:

Papabeef

I know that but I would prefer him only scoring 40 or 50 goals but helping Villa, Pedro, Alexis score 15 each on the way to winning titles instead of scoring like 80 without titles.

The bar this kid set is so high for Barca fans! Think all of us cules need to cool down on our number obsession and start seeing great Footballers for their GREAT FOOTBALL :party1:

Paganinisrvnge

I just realized Messi hasn't scored in 3 matches. I really doubt he'll go 4 matches without scoring and the next is El Clasico. Time for Messi hat trick to save the day despite the shitty defense. :worthy:

F

Flavia

I know that but I would prefer him only scoring 40 or 50 goals but helping Villa, Pedro, Alexis score 15 each on the way to winning titles instead of scoring like 80 without titles. The interesting thing to note is that we know he isn't going to catch fire until later in the season but he has improved so much. His free kick taking has gotten spectacular and his passing/vision continues to improve. He is going to destroy teams when he reaches his best form.
Last season, Alexis scored 15. Villa didn't for the injury, same with Pedro. If I recall correctly, Messi should even had more assists, so many chances were wasted. There wasn't anyone else scoring but him, I don't think his tally was the problem. But the others poor form in front of goal.

CatalinR10

A4O5yu5CAAAT8CX.jpg

MMKa

Xavi had 33 , I don't know if any other player have had a bigger number. I wouldn't be so shocked if he would reach over 80 again cause in every mach he has the chances to score a hatrick.

When did Xavi have 33? According to transfermarkt (which has broader definition for assists than "official" count: rebounds from post for example), Xavi's best season was 2008-09 with 31 assists for Barcelona. Messi got 36 last season, 73+36.

So, don't wish him "scoring 30-40 and assisting 30-40" but "scoring 30-40 and assisting 70-80". Will be true when Neymar comes.

J

jiopi

Last season, Alexis scored 15. Villa didn't for the injury, same with Pedro. If I recall correctly, Messi should even had more assists, so many chances were wasted. There wasn't anyone else scoring but him, I don't think his tally was the problem. But the others poor form in front of goal.
Yeah, Messi would have had about 45-50 assist last season if people would have scored at their normal rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans