10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShandyFFM

i want to see more genius goals from messi but at the moment every player on this planet seems to knwo how hes playing ..he needs to improve his style... train his right foot shot from distance... like he improved headers and freekicks

BerkeleyBernie

if all opponents would defend against real like the does against barca with all men behind the ball ronaldo would score so lee goals... just take a look how free he was for all 3 goals against ajax.. incredible

You have to remember that opponents are almost forced by Barça to play behind the ball. If you have slow build-up play, maintain possession and are constantly in the opponents half, where else is the other team supposed to play?

The other option against Barça is to press hard up the field. Some teams are able to do this successfully, but they usually can't keep it up much into the second period.

Real Madrid is more inclined to counterattack quickly, so you will see much more end-to-end play. Barça does counter on occasion, but that is the exception, not the rule.

Two minutes into the Benfica game, just after Benfica's first shot, Xavi has the ball and is starting the buildup play. Cesc is ahead of him and wants the ball to counterattack (EPL player that he is). He has space in front of the Benfica back line, but only Alexis for support on the left. All other Barça players are behind the ball. Xavi slows the play down, and the build-up begins. Cesc throws up his hands (i.e. "why didn't you give it to me?").

No telling if Cesc would have been able to make anything happen, had Xavi passed him the ball. But that's Barça.

numero

You have to remember that opponents are almost forced by Barça to play behind the ball. If you have slow build-up play, maintain possession and are constantly in the opponents half, where else is the other team supposed to play?

The other option against Barça is to press hard up the field. Some teams are able to do this successfully, but they usually can't keep it up much into the second period.

Real Madrid is more inclined to counterattack quickly, so you will see much more end-to-end play. Barça does counter on occasion, but that is the exception, not the rule.

Two minutes into the Benfica game, just after Benfica's first shot, Xavi has the ball and is starting the buildup play. Cesc is ahead of him and wants the ball to counterattack (EPL player that he is). He has space in front of the Benfica back line, but only Alexis for support on the left. All other Barça players are behind the ball. Xavi slows the play down, and the build-up begins. Cesc throws up his hands (i.e. "why didn't you give it to me?").

No telling if Cesc would have been able to make anything happen, had Xavi passed him the ball. But that's Barça.

Excellent lesson .for everyone

K

kroki223

I expect something very special from Messi on Sunday. I just know he will give us one of his special performances.

I don't know what you want to see, but I think for it Messi will be a really tough game.
Don't expect from him three goals!

Last edited:

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28

You just know that when Xavi is no longer in the starting line-up that it will be Cesc with the ball with Neymar making the run and Cesc will pass it to him. Once Xavi retires Barca is going to counter a lot more with Cesc the main architect, I don't mind that to be honest, our style has to evolve.

numero

You just know that when Xavi is no longer in the starting line-up that it will be Cesc with the ball with Neymar making the run and Cesc will pass it to him. Once Xavi retires Barca is going to counter a lot more with Cesc the main architect, I don't mind that to be honest, our style has to evolve.

That is not style my friend , what Xavi does is our Prime Philosophy, pillar of Barca ! Please don't misunderstand between philosophy and style. Philosophy will remain intact.We can change our style of play and improvise ,keeping the same philosophy.

Pepe Silvia

He's got his mind elsewhere that's why his shooting boots have been lost for a few games. He's still productive (duh) but that lethal finishing has lost him temporarily. I understand his situation too, as with the weeks leading up to having a baby can cause all sorts of distractions and stresses. He's playing on overload. Glad he is a professional and always there to help out the team to win, so in that respect he should muster up something worthy for Camp Nou.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans