10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
He's 22 for Christ sake ! Why are we discussing this ?

My Original post was saying that i couldnt wait to see Messi at his peak, its a mouthwatering prospect, i didnt think it would result in alot of posts about wat type of player hel become in his 30's lol...

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
Of course I would LIKE him to improve but I'd rather have him be good for many years than have him absolutely mindblowingly outstanding for one year. It'll be like Ronnie, he'll be soooo good for one year and the year after when he can't be as good he'll get depressive and start drinking.

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
I didnt say that hed be amazing for a year?

i said its an amazing thought that he can still improve, Which is mindblowing, because he is so far ahead of everyone else right now.. and the thought that he has still got alot to offer only being 22,

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
If I play today, I’ll score a goal in a way not even Maradona did…I’ll score with my phlegmon (abscess or swelling_)

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
i don't think messi will last untill 29/30.
he uses his speed a lot.
hopefully he will be giggs type of player, play till old here and be contend with 2nd choice in his 30's

He'll adapt his game, he already uses his pace a lot less than a couple of years ago.

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
Not necesserily Estel. Messi is a very intelligent guy, he may of realised it himself, Pep would of talked with him about it for sure tho..

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
One can only speculate on this matter, although I would also vote for Pep. When he sold Ronaldinho he made it possible for Messi to "take the next step".

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
He's intelligent sure, but we have to remember that it's Pep who encouraged him to play the attacking mid role... Moreover when a player is just 22; is under tremendous pressure to live up to the huge expectations & the hype developed around him, also to be the main man of one of the Europe's biggest clubs; do you really think he could control his temptations to use the easier way possible!?

I mean look at some one like Walcott, his first thought forever had been to try & race past a defender!! I mean all the time!! People now started saying he doesn't possess the footballing brain :lol:

Players gain the maturity through experience, and imo in Messi's case it's been through proper guidance!!

barca96

lol walcott doesn't know how to play football.
he belongs at track and field.
one ex english player even said that if it wasn't for his speed he wouldn't even be a footballer.

i miss messi's solo runs too but i guess he knows that if he keeps on playing like that, he will burn out sooner.
perhaps he will be a playmaker in the future. and let gerard deulofeu take over or some other crack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans