10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
We only had 3 penalties in the whole season I think, two converted by Ibra (vs Espanyol and Zaragoza) and one by Messi (vs Mallorca)

maxan10

SirTugAlot
No wonder they are called the submarines, seems they are always down under. Pathetic finishing from a few players namely Nilmar and defensively they looked as if they were churned in a blender, all over the place at times. Messi looked very comfortable on the ball, can't say the same about Wednesday.

barca96

No wonder they are called the submarines, seems they are always down under. Pathetic finishing from a few players namely Nilmar and defensively they looked as if they were churned in a blender, all over the place at times. Messi looked very comfortable on the ball, can't say the same about Wednesday.

cmon...nilmar was great!
he created chances out of nothing.his movements are awesome!!

yeah rivaldo, i also noticed that we had so few penalties this season..
i am sure ronaldo scored more from the penalty than we are rewarded in total.

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
i have seen the messi last year had 18 assists and compared to this year he only has 10 which is a solid number but not as good as last season :( probably cause henry was shit all season and ibra and him need more time to gel

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Actually I thought he was rather off-key last night, he's looking seriously tired, the two goals were both well taken (the 1st with a bit of luck) but he was on the fringes of the game for the most part. The positive of course is that we didn't need Messi at his best last night because the rest of the team functioned so well.

Trillske

A lot of talk about the fact that its hard to find the perfect place to fit Zlatan, but I think Messi is even harder. He could be used almost any attacking position, but where is he best for the squad?
Its funny when you think about it. Messis nr1 quality, what makes him the best, is his ability to do things on his own. Where do you place the player that is truly special thanks to the fact that he can suddenly run past 5 players and put the ball in the net all by himself? You´d want to optimize the teams performance, without getting in the way of sudden bursts of magic. I think some games messi has been a bit in the way of the team, and sometimes the team has actually been in the way of messi.
Maybe winger is the only place to really fit the bill.

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
He levelled Cristiano Ronaldo's record in a season with a good chance of beating it with 3 games to play. He could possibly match the club's record, also held by a Ronaldo, although that will be trickier.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
I will be so happy if he won the golden shoe from, Europe... that would be unbelievable, I think he just needs to score 2 more gols and he will achieve it

barca96

I will be so happy if he won the golden shoe from, Europe... that would be unbelievable, I think he just needs to score 2 more gols and he will achieve it

only rooney is capable of beating him.
fortunately, rooney only has one more game to play.
and olic can still beat messi in the CL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans