10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMessiShow

Anyone think that Messi's rise to greatness this season has started to hurt us?

Last year was full of Messi + Xavi giving eachother give and go passes. This season not so much, and I think that has really hurt us. Messi has been in incredible form but he seems to want to take on the other team every time he is near the penalty box. Lots of times he decides to go for the goal instead of the easy pass and the unselfish assist.

If you don't know what I mean, just ask Pedro, Xavi and Bojan, they have all been on the end of these fruitless runs

Bilal Khan

Tito > Mou

Last year was full of Messi + Xavi giving eachother give and go passes. This season not so much, and I think that has really hurt us. Messi has been in incredible form but he seems to want to take on the other team every time he is near the penalty box. Lots of times he decides to go for the goal instead of the easy pass and the unselfish assist.

If you don't know what I mean, just ask Pedro, Xavi and Bojan, they have all been on the end of these fruitless runs

i hate to agree with u but it's true.. but in no way it has hurt us.. he has been selfish lately but that wasnt the reason we were beaten by inter..

barca96

ibra too regarding the final pass..
and last year alves played a lot closer to messi.
they did a lot of 1-2's..

Juan03

yes.
if he raised his head and realized he could've had shitloads of assists by now he would be the ultimate player.

barca96

Great news!!!!!

Asked if he could see himself playing for a Premier League side in the future, Messi said: "I don't even think about that. Barcelona is my life, they have brought me to where I am today. And I could not leave.
"I could not leave, I don't want to leave. I know the Premier League is very good and I watch the matches on TV when I get the chance.
"I admire the strength of the players, it is very English - they play to the end, with a lot of spirit and determination, and the fans are very good and fair.
"But for me, I cannot see myself playing in England because my heart is with Barcelona, always. They are a great club - I love the club, the people, everything."

such a loyal guy!
hope he will be like giggs..

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
About his selfishness, I guess it has something to do with Pep too... Messi is our only player who is allowed to do whatever he wants on the field, he has that freedom, and probably Pep has commanded him to take the team on his shoulders, especially this season because we have lacked goal scoring consistency...

Not blaming Pep or saying it's a bad decision, actually I'd do the same if I was him...

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
When you have a player of Messi's calibre: Why not? As long as it doesn't damage the team mentally = Arguments etc...

knicks

Do ya feel lucky, punk?
You're great!

L. Messi
goal.gif

F

FCB_Titi_LB

"One of the Arsenal players came up to me afterwards and said it had been an honour to be on the same pitch as me. I thought, 'My God, that is a great thing to say when your team has just lost,'" he added.

B

badboybjörn

game didn't require any genius actions but by no means a bad game, pretty decent

I thought it was a rather bad game for him if its fair to say so after scoring twice. I thought he hesitated alot when he was free outside of box. Should have shot but lost the ball on a couple of ocations. But any other player i would prolly thought he had a great game. :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans