10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydro2oo9

I hope he goes and smashes a hatrick in against mexico, he would certainly deserve it as he has been unlucky on the goal front in the world cup so far.

Galning

Clearly the best player in the world, it doesn't matter if he scores or not. Although it would be nice if he starts scoring instead of hitting the woodwork all the time :D

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
He is saving all his gols for the kockout round... man he has been something at this world cup... kinda showed us a new dimension of his game.. and he has been playing with pure happiness

I cried when i saw him wearing the captains armband during the anthem.. such a beautfiul moment

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
We should be scared now. Given the Gallagher brothers are huge Man City fans, how long will it be before Messi's admiration for that band leads the British media to putting 2 and 2 together, coming up with 7.58888 recurring and claiming he is a cert to sign on at the Eastlands!

in 5 years give us 250 mill...;)

Hydro2oo9

"Supersonic and Live Forever"

Good taste, they are probably my favourite Oasis songs aswell. I don't listen to Oasis much, but I still like their first 2 albums, they are classics.

He is saving all his gols for the kockout round... man he has been something at this world cup... kinda showed us a new dimension of his game.. and he has been playing with pure happiness

I cried when i saw him wearing the captains armband during the anthem.. such a beautfiul moment

I've been impressed by his delivery from set pieces, he is showing improvements in different parts of his game. He plays a different role for Argentina and it works. He has had a hand in 4 of Argentinas 7 goals so far, so even if he's not scoring, he is still offering alot to his team.

There has also been alot of nice passing moves from Argentina so far during this tournament and he's always at the heart of it.

Yesterday he was man marked all game yet he kept patient and calm, didn't let his head drop and get frustrated(ala Ronaldo and Rooney in those situations) and that's very good signs. Even if he can't get into a game, you always know he can just pop up, go on an amazing run and score or create something.

He likes to play a nice safe passing game with his team mates then when he see's an oppurtunity, he relishes it and makes something happen from it, whether it be a dribbling run and goal, a dribbling run and setting someone up or a nice through ball or chipped through ball to set someone up. His movement is also excellent and we've seen for Barcelona how he always gets in good positions in front of goal, aswell as playing deep and helping out the midfield. He's a very complete player. A very intelligent invidual talent and team player, who offers alot more to a team than just scoring goals. He's definitely been one of the players that has stood out in this competition for me and I'm not being biased as even Alan Shearer and co are saying the same on Match of the day and they are the most biased(towards english players/prem clubs) than anyone.

Last edited:
S

sanjibnaha

I was good to see the Captain's Armband on him and he did play like a true leader, unselfish and carrying the team along with him !! ... It seems he's grown up as a matured footballer, all of a sudden !!

Same emotions here too, Mate !! :)

Same emotions here too, Mate !! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans