10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

barca96

ive said it before regarding this matter so i do agree with koko.
but i hope that messi will turn into a giggs type of player. same style but less explosive.
but messi can play in the midfield as well. so that will keep him longer on the pitch

barca96

haha of course.
but giggsey back in the days wasnt too shabby either.
a terror on the right.
i wish that messi will follow in his foot steps and remain humble and be a one man club

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
His mind is playing tricks on him, he's so eager to score that he gets blinded in front of goal... Once he scores the floodgates will open...

XaviMessiGirl

His mind is playing tricks on him, he's so eager to score that he gets blinded in front of goal... Once he scores the floodgates will open...

Yeah I think he has the same problem that Villa had with that penalty kick yesterday when he was going for the hat-trick... they just get too nervous...

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Yeah, usually he just places the ball softly near the post, but in the WC he's trying to send the ball ripping though the net instead of his dead-cold finishes...

Hydro2oo9

It's a shame he hit the post today as that would have been some goal. He has been so unlucky in terms of goals, but has had a good world cup so far and been Argentina's best player as a whole. I'm sure that when he scores in a game, he will probably get 2, as he does. Mexico could be the game which he finally gets off the mark in. But it's not a major worry as Messi is still offering alot to Argentina.

Yup.

Still. Glad to hear Messi did well today. Probly catch it on the replays later tonight.

It wasn't his best of games as he was being man marked for 90 minutes, BUT he didn't get frustrated, he kept composed, didn't really do much wrong, then made 2 of his nice runs at the end. One ended in him hitting the post with a thunderous shot and the other ended up with a rebound off the keeper, which was then knocked in by Palermo. Messi got man of the match and although we didn't see loads of his usual runs, he still had a good game and shown that he doesn't get frustrated and lose his rag. Great times for Messi. When he's not having his best of games, he can just pop up in the last minute and score/create a goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans