10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

XaviMessiGirl

I don't think it's possible to play Spain in the final, correct me if I'm wrong though. It's a great possibility that Argentina will play against Spain in the semis however.

My bet for the semis is it will be Uruguay and Brazil on one side, with Spain and Argentina on the other. So they may play against each other but not in the final.

A

Aker

I don't think it's possible to play Spain in the final, correct me if I'm wrong though. It's a great possibility that Argentina will play against Spain in the semis however.

My bet for the semis is it will be Uruguay and Brazil on one side, with Spain and Argentina on the other. So they may play against each other but not in the final.

Either way, I want him to play Spain and pwn them! :D

XaviMessiGirl

I hope Uruguay can upset Brazil and make it to the final. However I really can't see them beating Spain or Argentina, whichever one makes it in.

Spain/Argentina would be an epic match, Messi against half his teammates! I'd support Spain here of course but then I also can't be COMPLETELY disappointed if Argentina beat them as they're my #2 pick. Too bad it can't be the final though.

A

Aker

@ xavimessigirl

why would u support spain? I've read many on here want spain to win... cule's hate spain!

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
well, aker many hate the spanish players, as do i. like iker casillas, arbeloa, sergio ramos, their presence sickens me.

but look at it this way;
wouldn't you want puyol to win a WC b4 he stops playing? ;)

A

Aker

well, aker many hate the spanish players, as do i. like iker casillas, arbeloa, sergio ramos, their presence sickens me.

but look at it this way;
wouldn't you want puyol to win a WC b4 he stops playing? ;)

I would rather they actually played for catalunya!

It could create problems though as barca play in spanish league i suppose. I think Iker is ok, but the rest I hate... but seeing Sergio Ramos lift that trophy would make me sick :(

XaviMessiGirl

lol wut

Corb is the only one here openly hating Spain, and he has his reasons well beyond the fact that he supports Barca. I completely understand and respect his feelings.

A

Aker

lol wut

Corb is the only one here openly hating Spain, and he has his reasons well beyond the fact that he supports Barca. I completely understand and respect his feelings.

Sorry but have ever been to Barcelona to see? They are nearly all anti spain. Do you know the history and culture of Barca and catalunya?

XaviMessiGirl

Also the fact that I'm neither Catalan nor Spanish at all means that there is no political or social context that gives me a reason to dislike the Spanish NT, like how it is for Corb and as I'm sure many other Catalan people. I also don't see how it's exactly the same as someone from Wales or Scotland supporting England, because Wales and Scotland are recognized as separate countries from England while Catalunya is not a separate country from Spain. If Catalunya were to gain independence, THEN I would see the similarity. And yes I am aware of the history.

and lol barcetia, blah I don't like Ramos either :( I like Casillas but I wish that Del Bosque would let Reina or Valdes play, however that is unlikely to happen since Casillas is captain.

A

Aker

Also the fact that I'm neither Catalan nor Spanish at all means that there is no political or social context that gives me a reason to dislike the Spanish NT, like how it is for Corb and as I'm sure many other Catalan people. I also don't see how it's exactly the same as someone from Wales or Scotland supporting England, because Wales and Scotland are recognized as separate countries from England while Catalunya is not a separate country from Spain. If Catalunya were to gain independence, THEN I would see the similarity. And yes I am aware of the history.

why are u so condescending towards me? I've only just got on this forum and I'm already being talked down to.

You would only hate spain if catalunya became legally seperate? :S Makes no sense to me. Who or what is corb?

XaviMessiGirl

Huh? How is that being condescending, I'm just disagreeing with you, chill out :p

And no I never said that, I would actually probably support both (probably Catalunya a bit more though) as like I said, I have no actual political or social connection, I just think they play some damn good football.

Oh and Corb is another user here, he is the one that is being openly vocal about his dislike of the Spanish NT, sorry I didn't realize you were new and probably aren't familiar with usernames

A

Aker

ok no problem

it is a bit shallow supporting a team just because of the football, but hey I only like Argentina for Messi, Tevez , Aguero and Maradona :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans