10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma

Diego Milito: "When we hear the English trying to *compare Rooney with Messi, we find it laughable. It's just wrong"

XaviMessiGirl

Judging by Rooney's atrocious performance for England as of late, Milito is spot on. Even in club form though, Rooney can't touch Messi.

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
Messi has had a good tournament. He's got at least 3 assists plus hit the woodwork twice or more plus had another half a dozen shots on target. He'll surely get a goal eventually.

XaviMessiGirl

I hope he does if only to get the media off his back that expect him to score or else he "isn't performing well"

But really even if he doesn't score at least all the sensible people who actually understand that the game is more than just the person who scores know that he truly shined for the squad and is still the best.

Hydro2oo9

Messi has had a good tournament. He's got at least 3 assists plus hit the woodwork twice or more plus had another half a dozen shots on target. He'll surely get a goal eventually.

Out of 9 of Argentinas goal's, he has had a hand in 5 of them. Only one has been a direct assist(against Mexico last night), but he has been the main influence in 5 of their goals altogether, which shows that he is playing well for the team. I noticed a few times though last night that he was in space and rather than pass it to him, Tevez(and Higuain did it aswell) just tryed to do it all themselves. There was times last night were I thought that if the pass had been made to him, he was in a position to make something happen. But he wasn't really brought into the game last night and it was the quiestest I've seen from him. Apart from this, he has been one of, if not the best player of Argentina so far. Himself and Tevez have put in some great performances.

I hope he does if only to get the media off his back that expect him to score or else he "isn't performing well"

But really even if he doesn't score at least all the sensible people who actually understand that the game is more than just the person who scores know that he truly shined for the squad and is still the best.

The media haven't been on his back here. The pundits Shearer and co have been speaking about how he's been excellent and how they want him to score more than he does as he has deserved it.

I'm not sure about the media in other places though.

XaviMessiGirl

The media haven't been on his back here. The pundits Shearer and co have been speaking about how he's been excellent and how they want him to score more than he does as he has deserved it.

I'm not sure about the media in other places though.

Here too, but I've still heard people complaining about ignorant media. Not sure where they're from though... I wonder if DM knows what the Argentine media are saying this WC because I'm not sure about that

Armando929

Rooney even at his best cannot touch the true great strikers in the world. The likes of Villa, Eto'o, Torres, Drogba, are all better than him.

I won't even mention him next to Messi.

barca96

fukkkkk..

the sun said that messi is among the super flops of this WC.
fukking bastards!!!
to them messi is in the same league of ronaldo, rooney, cannavaro who flopped big time...
bunch of idiots!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans