10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

barca96

You are entitled to your view, but if you have a "sitter", should it really be included as positive stats if you hit the goalkeeper?

a sitter is when the player just has to shoot at an open goal, like ibra last year against mallorca and
bojan against inter for example.
all of those sitters that i thin ur talking about are 1on1 with the goalie with not much space

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
Yeah, sitter by definition cannot be blocked by a goalkeeper, the only way you can miss a sitter is if it goes off target like Ibra vs Zaragoza or Messi vs Sevilla last season.

barca96

according to BS.com and an italian paper, these are the contenders for the ballon 'or
there's an article on goal.com saying the candidates for Ballon d'Or are :
Sneidjer
Robben
Forlan
Xavi
Villa
Schwienstigger

so scoring 47 goals in a seson is not counted?
4 trophies? top scorer in spain.in europe.
not enough?
and how about awesome performance throughout the whole year?

Beast

The Observer
Yep it doesn't count when you fail to score in the CL semi Final and in the WC

National teams trophies >>>>>>>>> club football
that's why people said Messi will be a legend when he win the WC

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
its retarded but whatever, everybody knows he is the best in the world, but for some reason klose has a better chance of winning due to his amazing season at bayren :lol: and solid play with germany

if the dutch wint he world cup i would have no problem with snijder taking home the trophy
if spain win i think villa has to win it
if uruguay win it no doubt forlan wins it with his amazing club season and being the key figure in the world cup

P

Paolo Maldini

In my opinion Wesley Sneijder should win this award. He was a big reason for Inter's trophies, and has proved it in big matches and the World Cup.

Another information: The Balon D'or and FIFA World Player of the Year are to be joined.

Beast

The Observer
Who mentioned Klose , Yusuf ?

All the names mentioned had a great club & country season ..
Sneidjer
Robben
Forlan
Xavi
Villa
Schwienstigger

of course some names will be disregarded like Forlan unless Uruguay pull the impossible but the rest of the names are pivotal for both club & country ..
Club alone is not enough as it showed in the last 30 + years

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
i am just saying klose cause how cannavaro won in 2006. he did nothing great but won just cause of 6 games and like zidane who was epically shit and had a good 3 or 4 games at the world cup and surpassed dinho in the player of the year and ballan dor :lol:

Beast

The Observer
Cannavaro was the league winner that year Yusuf and played unlike Klose (forget the scandal ..etc )

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
i thought of the scandal but i cant see how a CB can win it + playing for an italian side where everyone is defending with you also, not to mention he was not even the best CB in the world then anyway

Trillske

Okay, maybe "sitter" wasnt the right word. But any player should have scored one - and messi definatly should have.

I havent followed Valencia so I have no idea about Villas season overall, but this world cup he has carried a struggling Spain on his shoulders offensively. If Spain wins this, you cant really say they woudnt have won it without him, they´d just have to play 0-0 every game and win the shootouts.

ryuken

When did you saw him miss a sitter. He has never had a sitter to begin with. 2 shots from him that led to an open goal with nothing left but to tap the ball in for Higuan is a sitter.

Olsend

i thought of the scandal but i cant see how a CB can win it + playing for an italian side where everyone is defending with you also, not to mention he was not even the best CB in the world then anyway

That is the point, ridiculous that people think only attacking minded footballers should win the award, but imo Gigi should have won in '06.

Bionicman

World Cup sucks, doesn't prove anything.

Club football over World Cup anyday. To be at top level for a whole fucking year is something else.

MESSI FOR WORLD PLAYER AWARD.
Yeah, why judge Messi based on important games against good competition when we can give him the award for scoring lots of goals against the likes of Tenerife and Valladolid? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans