10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olsend

But summing up WC weighs things alot, it is not like only WC includes in this award. If a player had decent season and led his team to the international glory he will/should get the award. In my opinion it is right, but luck factor in such competitions plays a lot.

zanela

Bad world cup, very dissapointing performance. He is a stationary guy, doesnt run much, physically weak, so when he doesnt perform his messi magic he really doesnt constribute much at all. In the entire WC he had one or two good moves and a few nice passes, and missed a bunch of sitters.

I'm truly enthralled :wub2:

DaniAlves

Had Messi done better against Inter in the CL semis and against Germany I believe the golden ball would be his again without question. Now he didn't manage to lead his teams to victory and the award is likely to go to Sneijder. I really hope he does better in the next world cup or the world cup after that because otherwise he won't be mentioned as one of the best ever to have played the game in the future, and I really think he has the potential to become a legend.

Barcafan 2304

For me, Messi has already proved himself to be one of the most gifted players of this generation and the best player in the world though for what he achieved last season and possibly in the World Cup, id have no problem seeing Sneijder get the award

XaviMessiGirl

Bad world cup, very dissapointing performance. He is a stationary guy, doesnt run much, physically weak, so when he doesnt perform his messi magic he really doesnt constribute much at all. In the entire WC he had one or two good moves and a few nice passes, and missed a bunch of sitters.

Not at all his fault Argentina are out though, Germany where way, way better over the whole field. Dont think messi would have made a difference even if he played his best game ever.

I can't even think of something to say to that. What matches were you watching this WC, certainly not the ones with Argentina in them except for maybe the Germany match yesterday, which in this case he was fighting illness, wouldn't blame him for being sluggish.

XaviMessiGirl

Even a Messi hater should be intelligent enough to realize that he worked his ass off for the team and did a great deal, even without any goals, which is more than can be said about the others that have been regarded as flops. Although my heart broke when I saw him after the match because I knew how bad he wanted to score just one goal.

Merv

This is the first time in my life I actually hear/read someone diss Messi.

Me as well. It makes me wonder, bearing in mind that Argentina and Barcelona are certainly different teams, if there will be a shift in power this coming up season with Villa in the squad???

Just considering that Villa is on a heckuva run at the moment and Messi seems to be having a bad run of lucky lately. Just pondering.

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
I doubt it. It will certainly effect him the first couple of matches, but I expect him to recover and get back to form as he did last season. Villa will certainly have a great first season no doubt.

XaviMessiGirl

I don't think so. Pep knows how good Messi really is and will continue to play him as such. Still can't wait for Villa though, with both of them we are going to slay everyone this season. :D

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
Im so freaking exvited to see how villa and Messi click.. i bet they gonna battle to the death for leading scorer.. aaahh ima be naked alot

Merv

Im so freaking exvited to see how villa and Messi click.. i bet they gonna battle to the death for leading scorer.. aaahh ima be naked alot

:lol: DM you are too much.

It's going to be exciting for sure :D The football...just for clarification. ;)

SeloBarca

Sneijder doesnt really "shine" in his teams as much as Messi though. Hes doesnt really stand out that much more then the other players in Holland or Inter. It isnt like ive thought "wow Sneijder was so much better then anyone else" in any game ive watched in WC.
Both Inter and Holland are very strong as teams and thats what makes them good but they dont have any brighter shining stars.
My dutch friends also say Robben and Sneijder are asses outside the field.

Villa on other hand have made it really good in a team that arent that strong, finishing high on the scoring lists and performing extremly well in WC, if he doesnt win it this year he has a really good chance to win it next year.

What doesn't help Messi is that he got progressively worse as the games got more important in the WC.

Not as bad as your beloved Ronaldo

Seriously your denial of Ronaldos diving and attitude must be some serious trolling or its the most biased view ive ever seen :D

Last edited:
B

beautifulgame

To be fair, if Robben and Wesley win the WC and if they are decisive in the last two games then one of them should get the WPOY.

Truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans