10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViolentLogic

World Cup sucks, doesn't prove anything.

Club football over World Cup anyday. To be at top level for a whole fucking year is something else.

MESSI FOR WORLD PLAYER AWARD.

World Cup sucks, doesn't prove anything.

Club football over World Cup anyday. To be at top level for a whole fucking year is something else.

MESSI FOR WORLD PLAYER AWARD.
if he would have scored at the WC yes, but he had to score, if Sneijder wins the WC, he's won it, and he has shone at the WC, been instrumental in Inter's season, won the champions league , Maradona with his stupid tactics could of cost Messi his WPOTY award

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
Luckily enough Maradona only could have cost Messi his WPOTY. The fact that Messi scored 34 goals in the league and 47 in overall, has had a stellar season by winning four trophies, been instrumental for Barça and played as good as he could for Maradona's Argentina somehow eludes most of people.

Luckily enough Maradona only could have cost Messi his WPOTY. The fact that Messi scored 34 goals in the league and 47 in overall, has had a stellar season by winning four trophies, been instrumental for Barça and played as good as he could for Maradona's Argentina somehow eludes most of people.

i'm just saying that its a world cup year and of course a players world cup progress will effect the award, Messi had an unbelivable season(hard to think of words to describe it) which would definately win it any other year

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
i'm just saying that its a world cup year and of course a players world cup progress will effect the award, Messi had an unbelivable season(hard to think of words to describe it) which would definately win it any other year

To be honest, WC's have always influenced the WPOTY to an extent, but I still believe that being consistently [insert an AWESOME adjective] over time of 8-9 months has also a great amount of weight on it. Messi hasn't been rubbish for Argentina this WC and he did win 4 trophies last season alongside Pichichi and the CL top scorer award.

But I do believe that Sneijder will be definitely up there this year and will create a tough competition for the award.

ryuken

This year WC is boring anyway. I rather watch Euro, almost all the elite countries are in it minus Brazil and Argentina.

Merv

Not all of the WC was boring....just came across this picture and was like WTF? Get your own man....jeez

Trillske

LOL.... Everything positive Argentina did in this world cup went through him.. He may not have been amazing against Germany but still that is so harsh. Also he was playing MIDFIELD not striker did u even watch a match or just read the english press trying to deflect the attention from Rooney?
Watched every game. Did enjoy Argentina as well, thought they had an ok WC despite beeing cruched by the awesomeness that is todays Germany.
If Messi was any random player, I would think his performance was pretty good. As the worlds number one - with some voices trying already to proclaim number one ever - it was not good at all.
He got no where on his own, and the stuff he does on his own is the reason he is concidered the best in the first place. And a cold, come on?

As for Rooney, he had some really good intentions in the first game (the press seriously has his performance in that one backwards) though more as playmaker than target; was almost a third inner mid. After that, not much. I dont know why I would defend him?

Ronaldo had his über-shoot in the post, and then nothing. So its not like Messi is alone. Its just that most was expected from him.

zanela said:
I'm truly enthralled
Yeah I think wrote that pretty wierd, but the point is that the reason Messi is Messi is that he can take the ball, run past everyone, and place it in the corner.
Without the ball, he is very stationary (seriously, check his stats), and as playmaker he his pretty good but not godlike. So when his dribbling raides doesnt work, he is simply not very spectaculair.

There has been some fuss about the fact that there hasnt been any fuss about Messis WC. I think Messi, contrary to Rooney and Ronaldo, gets a lot of sympathy, so fewer people want to voice their dissapointment.

barca96

Ronaldo had his über-shoot in the post, and then nothing. So its not like Messi is alone. Its just that most was expected from him.

ronaldo has a shot that hit the post.
messi had over 10 shots on target. on target. and assists. and started an attack that led to a goal definitely over 5 times.

Trillske

You are entitled to your view, but if you have a "sitter", should it really be included as positive stats if you hit the goalkeeper?

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
You are entitled to your view, but if you have a "sitter", should it really be included as positive stats if you hit the goalkeeper?

What's your definition of a sitter? Cause I honestly can't remember Messi missing a sitter in this World Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans