10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cesc tastic

Anyone who critisies Messi should just be ignored he is the best player in the world at the moment

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
This thread just shows how fickle footy fans are... he scores 47 gols and owns every one and take a mediocre Argentina team with basically no tactics or formation to the Quarters (farther then england france italy ect ect got) and people start attacking him, it is ridiculous the man just turned 23 and has won EVERYTHING on a club level and individual... OMG he didnt score 8 gols at the World Cup and single handedly win it for Argentina he is no good...

Barcafan 2304

Maybe because he isn't perfect? I mean he's awesome, but he has areas where he can improve imo. Half the members of this board are satisfied with Messis performance as soon as he walks onto the pitch and always blame the rest of the team if he has a bad day. Actually, they are oblivious to the fact that their football god do have bad days.

There were some games last season for example, when Messi continiously hogs the ball and fail on like 10 dribble runs over the game, and eventually succeeds in the 80th minute and is praised. Sure he gets the job done most of the time, but it's quite frustrating to see when the game could have been over alot sooner if he'd look up abit more and use his team mates.

Imo, FIFA should do a worldwide change to football where assist are calculated as part of the scoring titles like in Ice Hockey. It'd improve the game if an assist was considered about as important as a goal.

No one is perfect. Even the likes of Maradona, Cruyff or Pele had their faults. However, flaws are part and parcel of football and with the likes of Messi, you just simply have to enjoy seeing such a player while you can. Yes, he may have flaws but if you cant sit back and just simply enjoy watching such a player without picking faults, your going to struggle to ever enjoy the game.

barca96

Imo, FIFA should do a worldwide change to football where assist are calculated as part of the scoring titles like in Ice Hockey. It'd improve the game if an assist was considered about as important as a goal.

that's a great idea barney stinson.
i hate it the goal scorer gets all the praise.
esp when the guy who did all the hard work and the guy scores just has to tap in
and then the guy who scores acts all big

La Pulga

that's a great idea barney stinson.
i hate it the goal scorer gets all the praise.
esp when the guy who did all the hard work and the guy scores just has to tap in
and then the guy who scores acts all big

like Friedrich against Argentina after Schweinsteiger gave a great assist. Bastiaan just stood next to the goal waiting for Friedrich to come and celebrate with the real scorer of that goal. but Friedrich wanted the cameras for himself. i hate that too.

barca96

like Friedrich against Argentina after Schweinsteiger gave a great assist. Bastiaan just stood next to the goal waiting for Friedrich to come and celebrate with the real scorer of that goal. but Friedrich wanted the cameras for himself. i hate that too.

exactly. poor guy doing the hard work and dont get the praise.

Stins

Xavi had 27 assists in total last season, thats amazing :)

Messi had 14 or so, not bad but it's shows a trend when his assist go down and goals go up. Which is what I think he could improve on. Don't see what's wrong with that.

Anyways, about the assists counting more... I'd like to draw another parallell to the world of ice hockey. Henrik Sedin was about to win the NHL scoring title(where both goals and assist count) and in the last game(since it was a close race) everyone on the team threw themselves at the opposing goal, searched for open ice etc so he'd get the puck to them and they'd score. Everyone worked extra hard to help him out. There was one guy on his team who scored where Henrik didn't get an assist and he felt ashamed :p

Game ended with 3 points for Henrik and he won the title. But the whole atmosphere there where everyone works together to get their best player to win the scoring title, I don't see as much of that in football. Since everyone can be part of it in another way, doesn't matter if you are the one scoring since the guy giving the assist also gets a point and atleast 50% of the honor of that goal. It's a shame its not like that in football.

A couple of years ago noone talked about assists at all, now we do. So it's an improvement. Even though there's no specific trophys to give Xavi credit for his 27 assists. Yet.

barca96

thats very nice!
but sepp blatter is still in the stone age.
and one of my theories as to why he is so adamant to video technology is because he wants to keep match fixing alive in football.

Stins

thats very nice!
but sepp blatter is still in the stone age.
and one of my theories as to why he is so adamant to video technology is because he wants to keep match fixing alive in football.

Yeah with the insanely expensive salaries and sales we have in football today we need to use technology to make sure the results are correct. Their excuse is that it'd break up the game, but so does Ronaldo when he dives. You may actually see fewer players dive and fewer offsides if the referee could use video.

IbraFTW

Bazinga!
I haven't read all the criticism here, but want to say there's nothing wrong with him except his selfishness. And there's nothing wrong with pointing that out. He's the best because he has only one flaw - selfishness. We still love this: :)

Messi FTW.

Yeah with the insanely expensive salaries and sales we have in football today we need to use technology to make sure the results are correct. Their excuse is that it'd break up the game, but so does Ronaldo when he dives. You may actually see fewer players dive and fewer offsides if the referee could use video.
Exactly and I keep saying the exact same thing all the time. I doubt they'll do it any time soon, though. Maybe some minor stuff like checking if ball crossed the line... But not for fouls, penalties etc.

F

Flavia

He's here in Brazil with his gf, in Rio de Janeiro. Too bad I don't live there :p

042741248exh00.jpg

042741228exh00.jpg

042741244exh00.jpg

042741232exh00.jpg

042741223exh00.jpg

08messifull.jpg

15974978253atm14.jpg

barca96

man he looks so so sad

he forgot to bring his lego's to keep him busy while waiting for the food to arrive.

damnnn i love his girl..so simple. had a girl once who looks oh so similar to her. only difference, is the skin tone. mine was fairer.
and look how young they are. pink watch :lol: how cute!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans