10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydro2oo9

FIFA has just announced a list of nominees, one of them will be announced World Cup's best player on Monday. The list:

Diego Forlan (Uruguay)
Asamoah Gyan (Ghana)
Andres Iniesta (Spain)
Leo Messi (Argentina)
Mesut Özil (Germany)
Arjen Robben (Netherlands)
Wesley Sneijder (Netherlands)
Bastian Schweinsteiger (Germany)
David Villa (Spain)
Xavi (Spain)

Who do you think deserves it, and who is most likely to win it?

Messi's on there, which shows how he was obviously not a "flop" on the level of the overhyped Wayne Rooney and C.Ronaldo. He doesn't deserve to win golden ball, but I can see him being in Fifas 23 man squad of the tournament. This says alot, to all the haters who think football is just about how many goals you score. It's as if Messi isn't allowed to ever be on a losing team, or he is badly criticised for it, it's stupid. Footballs a team game and no player has ever never been on a losing team...

Either way, he doesn't deserve player of the tournament and it should go to Andres Iniesta or David Villa imo.

Barcafan 2304

For me, its a toss up at the minute between Sneijder and Villa right now. If one of them has a great final match on sunday, that will tilt the award to them

V

Valon

Seriously who cares about a piece of metal? Does it prove some other player is better than Messi? No. He's still the best in the world.

Hydro2oo9

For me, its a toss up at the minute between Sneijder and Villa right now. If one of them has a great final match on sunday, that will tilt the award to them

Yeah, Sniejder is another option aswell. But to me, Iniesta is a more dominating midfielder who opens teams up while being surrounded by 5 players. He seems to go unnoticed alot in my opion.

It seems as though it takes Iniesta to score against an English club in a semi final of a Champions league to ever get any respect :(

Hydro2oo9

Seriously who cares about a piece of metal? Does it prove some other player is better than Messi? No. He's still the best in the world.

Of course he is, but if Fifa have recognised him to put him on the list, then he has obviously not been as bad as some make out, that's all I was saying.

mlampa

So with your logic one could say; screw the trophys, etc, etc. Barca is still the best in the world ... You know Valon, you aint NOTHING until someone else acknowledge it ... I can be the best, self proclaimed ofcourse, football player in the world. But until someone else agrees and give me, for example, a piece of metal to prove it, it doesnt mean shit. Thats why you have organized tournaments, cups and prizes where others decides whos the best at the moment.

And just because this particular piece of metal doesnt happen to be 100% sure to end up in the hands of Messi, doesnt mean its worthless. He wasnt that good in the WC, who knows, he might have the dip in form of his lifetime and suck for the coming year. Is he still the best in the world? Nah, he isnt. Not until someone give him a piece of metal to acknowledge it.

And to avoid any confusion, Messi still is the best footballer in the world in my eyes, but im not that naive to belive he will hold that position for years to come. No matter how awesome you are, there is always gonna be someone better eventually :)

XaviMessiGirl

Blech Leo, you cut your hair :(:lol:

Anyway, about the award, I think it will go to either Sneijder or Villa as well. Not saying Messi doesn't deserve it at all but he's not going to get it. Personally I hope it's Villa as I think Sneijder is a bit of a douchebag.

zanela

Yeah, Sniejder is another option aswell. But to me, Iniesta is a more dominating midfielder who opens teams up while being surrounded by 5 players. He seems to go unnoticed alot in my opion.

As much as i love both our midfield maestros they've had a quiet WC by their standards. Yes, a lot of their work goes unnoticed but except for a match or two they 've not really stood out for me. Infact Spain as a team started off slowly and its only the last couple of matches they've really turned it on. Villa has been their consistent match winner and if it werent for him they wouldn't 've come this far. Ditto Sneijder with his team. I really can't see anyone beyond these two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans