10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

innniesta

imagine they made a rule where penalties or freekicks can only be taken by the person that got fouled. ronaldos goal tally would be cut in half

gingerless

imagine they made a rule where penalties or freekicks can only be taken by the person that got fouled. ronaldos goal tally would be cut in half

that would actually be good imo, say if it was a defender that was taking the penalty they would have less chance of scoring, making penalties less decisive in the outcome of games

Trillske

Woudnt make sense, people already do "tactical" fouls as it is, so the rules are flawed the other direction as it is. I mean players even take tactical yellow cards to break attacks.

Just start fouling players that cant shoot. :D

gingerless

Woudnt make sense, people already do "tactical" fouls as it is, so the rules are flawed the other direction as it is. I mean players even take tactical yellow cards to break attacks.

Just start fouling players that cant shoot. :D

!??!?! that doesn't make sense... so you give away a penalty to a player that can't shoot (defender or midfielder) for the sake of fouling someone that doesn't have a good shot?? it's still a massive risk...

C

Carefree

Irrelevant. Scoring a penalty or a free kick takes a massive amount of skill and in the case of a penalty, alot of composure. It may seem as a 'freebie' goal by having the one shot at goal, but some are making out it's easy to score in these types of situtations.

Messi's still better than Ronaldo, but there's no need to start hounding Ronaldo for scoring pens ans free kicks, Messi's not quite as good as Ronaldo from dead ball situations.

C

Carefree

It's scary just thinking how many goals Messi could end up with this season.

He's scored 22 goals in 17 games so far. At this rate he could very well end up with 70 in a single season, and do you know what? I wouldn't put it past him at all.

If Barcelona went for the 10 goal scoreline yesterday he could well have scored 5, and the current Barcelona team seem to be picking up momentum. I'm more than sure he'll break the 50 goal barrier, but I think he could hit at least 60.

Exciting times ahead for Barcelona fans - not so much for the rest of Europe, and god help us if we face Barcelona with our current defence! Not even Cech in his current blistering form would be able to keep them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans