10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Truth is, there were times during the match where you could see he was seeing and anticipating the match faster than anyone else out there...He seemingly is waiting for others to understand the way he sees it as well...The world is going in slow motion for Leo...And as others have noticed, he wasn't and isn't in top shape yet after the break

Just love watching him out there...Any moment is that next highlight reel moment

zanela

Lost possession trying to dribble through the defense but he was deprived of good options at times. The interplay and understanding with DV7 is a treat to watch while also fast becoming a potent weapon. Not his usual self, but the brilliant fk and assists makes up for it.

I love Messi, the finisher but the playmaker even more so.

La Pulga

thought i'd go to the mac drive-through in the break.. never saw that goal live :( when i came home, is was like: OMG i have to see this. and then i came!

BarcaGirl

I just watched the whole game against Deportivo again and I can clearly say that Messi was in pain throughout the whole game ...seemed like his whole body was hurting, could be a cold ...in the 78th minute it seemed like he couldn't stand anymore ...I really thought he was going to break down and a player from Deportivo looked after him ...I don't unterstand why he had to play the whole 90 minutes, because everybody could clearly see that he was sick ...pep should have subbed him much earlier

Hatem Ben Arfa

Is anyone else upset Pep rested Messi last week, becasue now Narcissus has just scored a Hat Trick to overtake him, and create some distance in the Pichichi race?

That said vs Depor Messi didn't look right. Maybe he was ill as some sugested, because I felt he wasn't 100% up for it, as if an injury was holding him back or something.

Penaltio 'Narcissus' Ronaldo is not better than Messi, I know that, but if he wins Pichichi you know he's going to give it the big, 'i'm the 1st 2nd and 3rd best player in the world BullShish!

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum!

Players like Salva Ballesta and Guiza took the Pichichi as well so I wouldn't be that worried. ;)
Besides, Messi offers so much more than sheer goalscoring.

NightWolf

In terms of assists, I think Messi has about 10 more than Ronaldo. That's shows that there is more to his game than just goals, goals, goals.

And I too thought Messi wasn't right on Saturday. He was holding his wrist like it was hurting and I think at one point he was coughing and holding his chest. It makes you wonder if Messi asked to play for 90 minutes but then again Pep should notice that he wasn't looking too good out there.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
The freekick was not out of reach, the placement was not impossible but it was pretty freaking fast on the curve. Brilliant.

I am not so sure if I am correct in what I am saying but being withdrawn from being in too much tight space has somewhat affected his dribbling. He used to function in tight space a bit better but if he was going to score that much, he needed to be withdrawn. You need to lose a little to gain a lot.

Before people go mental on me, it doesn't mean it is gone, it means it isn't as sharp.

nebeer

Love is All
In terms of assists, I think Messi has about 10 more than Ronaldo. That's shows that there is more to his game than just goals, goals, goals.

And I too thought Messi wasn't right on Saturday. He was holding his wrist like it was hurting and I think at one point he was coughing and holding his chest. It makes you wonder if Messi asked to play for 90 minutes but then again Pep should notice that he wasn't looking too good out there.

Ronaldo's got 22 goals so far and Messi 18. But then again Ronaldo scored 5 of his goals from penalties whereas Messi scored only one from the spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans