10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

xaviniesta

goal+assist per game, this is simply amazing! his passing abilty has been always unerrated

gingerless

His assist to Abidal was great too:messi:
ahh, almost forgot about that one... could have had another hattrick of assists what a legend :worthy:
but what a free kick that was, these are the type of free kicks i love to see, brilliant curling in from 1-2 yards outside of the post into the net, take note ronaldo.
15 games
18 goals
12 assists
directly involved in 30 goals in 15 games.....
what impresses me most though is that it looks like pep asks him to be more central, more giving in some games and he does it... he doesn't mind not scoring, he enjoys helping his team mates score... to a certain extent he does look unhappy sometimes not scoring but what's important is that he does what he is told and gets the job done, for the team.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Great performance... And about those two through balls(to Villa and Abi), even Xavi would have been prove of them. What cant he do with a ball!?
I expected him to be subbed at half time, he really was uncomfortable out there

Messi__10

Is there anything he can't do? what a freekick!! And his assists were simply stunning... But is it me or did he looked less sharp as usual ?

BerkeleyBernie

Is there anything he can't do? what a freekick!! And his assists were simply stunning... But is it me or did he looked less sharp as usual ?

The last few games have been against parked buses and without the starting 11. Messi has tried to dribble in (from outside the parked bus) on his own far too many times when double and triple teamed. He's lost possession almost every time.

What might work better for him/Barca in such games is not necessarily try to penetrate on the dribble- not move just forward and laterally, but *backwards*, drawing the doubleteam out with him. That would open up space "inside the bus."

FCBarca

Mike the Knife

Yeah, he hasn't looked 'himself' to me since the New Year - perhaps it's taking him a little longer to get back from the winter break

BarcaGirl

he looked really sick today and tired ...at one point he even hold his chest and coughed ...Pep should have subbed him instead of Pedro

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
It's Messi from last year.

peak, auto-pilot with flashes of brilliance, peak, auto-pilot with flashes of brilliance

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
That's what makes him special. There are a few players around now and surely have been in the past that were unstoppable when on song.
But if you're having games like this, where you're clearly not in top shape, and still deliver good passes and goals among the not so cool stuff ... it makes you the best. It's what makes him consistent although his form isn't really THAT consistent.

I remember the sentence "form is temporary, class is permanent". His class is that fucking monstruously gigantic that his form is becoming permanent as well.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
That's what makes him special. There are a few players around now and surely have been in the past that were unstoppable when on song.
But if you're having games like this, where you're clearly not in top shape, and still deliver good passes and goals among the not so cool stuff ... it makes you the best. It's what makes him consistent although his form isn't really THAT consistent.

I remember the sentence "form is temporary, class is permanent". His class is that fucking monstruously gigantic that his form is becoming permanent as well.

yup. he's magic.

and I love that there's more to his game than goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans