10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CesDel

IMO, David Villa's signing has actually stopped Messi from scoring about 40 already by now as he's seemingly dropping deep to mix in with Xavi and Iniesta, but it has helped improve the creative side of his game.

Be interesting to see how many he'd get if he became the focal point of the team like Ronaldo is for Real Madrid. di Maria and Ozil have almost been given instructions to get it to him as quick as possible.

I actually like messi this way more. He is showing the world that he is more than just scoring goals which can't be said about cristiano ronaldo.

CesDel

exactly last season he was scoring wonder goals after wonder goals to win games but he was in and out of games but this season while he aint scoring as many wonder goals but he is starting to dominate games through his passes and creating lots of chances...

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Did anyone actually even imagine that he might be adding 'target striker' to his repertoire?

Fucking ridiculous.

see Abidal's goal in San Mamés. Messi was doing a superb Kevin Davies impression for it.

he can do ANYTHING. I concur with the view that it's better when he drops deep and participates in all phases of play, rather than simply being a scorer.

Mocro

IMO, David Villa's signing has actually stopped Messi from scoring about 40 already by now as he's seemingly dropping deep to mix in with Xavi and Iniesta, but it has helped improve the creative side of his game.

Be interesting to see how many he'd get if he became the focal point of the team like Ronaldo is for Real Madrid. di Maria and Ozil have almost been given instructions to get it to him as quick as possible.

If the threat comes from one focal point Barca will relatively be easier to defend, because it will get more predictable. The opponents will know that the other players will want to pass the ball to Messi as soon as they have the chance and Messi will have to stay deep. Basically if you manage to cut that pass, you disable Messi. Now with Messi all over the place and more players making goals, the opponent doesnt know where the punishment will come from.

gingerless

i agree i like this messi more, like someone above said if he isn't scoring he's a big big threat with his incredible passing and play from deep.

he seems to be getting better at free kicks too! that ball bent like 3-4 yards outside the post and almost went in (superman save) at this rate he's going to be raping free kicks like ronaldinho :S

desoe

He can go for 50 goals this season, only 17 more to go

I think both Messi and Ronaldo will end up with 50+ goals this season. What we see here is something phenomenal. And if Barca or Real wins CL this year, it will mean a Ballon d'Or for sure.

Butaan4barca

hey every one....sorry off topic...but i remember someone had the picture messi running with a lion behind pulling his shirt....where can i find that picture ???? plz ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans