10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bionicman

Messi needs a rest. It was bad enough when Pep played him at Betis when we had a 5-0 lead. If Messi plays a single second against Almeria, it's too much. I don't care how much the fans whine about not seeing him play.

deelio

He played bad today. Lost so many balls, plenty of bad passes, or lack of passes. Did not close down enough. Oh yea, and then he scored 2 goals.

BerkeleyBernie

He played bad today. Lost so many balls, plenty of bad passes, or lack of passes. Did not close down enough. Oh yea, and then he scored 2 goals.

His first goal was typically brilliant in execution. The second, of course, was a knock-in that belonged to whichever player happened to be on the end of Alves cutback.

But once again, he's been really lazy off the ball. I wonder if he's still sick? I don't mean for him to be running his ass off like Pedro, but he walked 90% of the time in the final third. Just a little jog, or Xavi shuffle-step to get into position, and he'd be creating a lot more passing options for his team. It's also why he lost some balls, didn't really position himself away from defenders to receive passes safely. He's the main reason Barça looked lethargic today, a big gap in their fluidity.

Bionicman may be right, he needs a rest. Bring him on at the end of the game so he has an opportunity to score a goal or two.

Hatem Ben Arfa

WOW, i was criticizing him today, shouting at the TV for him to make a run or track back when he lost the ball. He really did not have his best game today, and yet he scored 2 and could easily have had a Hat-Trick!

I've said the past 3 weeks he's not look his normal self for some reason. Perhaps he does need a rest! But I'm sure he wants be available to score as many goals as possible and outscore Penaltiano Ronaldo!

Aasim

Bumbleman
Him tracking back is not Messi being lazy; its obvious that Pep has told him to chill out.

As for his performance he was off but i feel everybody wasn't 100% and there were many other players who made mistakes..

B

badboybjörn

122 goals for barca since pep joined and i heard the commentator say he joined in may 08 so that rougly 2.5 seasons. Thats a staggering amount of goals! Unbelivable really if accurate.

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Him tracking back is not Messi being lazy; its obvious that Pep has told him to chill out.

As for his performance he was off but i feel everybody wasn't 100% and there were many other players who made mistakes..

Exactly Aasim, we don't know what sort of instructions he's been given. Pep may well have told him to conserve energy for the bigger games coming up in Feb March. His first goal in particular was brilliant, nice for him to bag two and catch CR a bit. He was certainly below par tonight but hardly off form.

ricknattery

maybe his second ballon'dor has affected his motivation? he is playing without it imo.

don't think so. He was highly motivated to score this match. It's the 'pichichi' race that is making him want to score above everything else and decreasing his creative side on some games. He isn't just a goal machine, that's why we expect more than what he has done. If he would be just a striker, his match would have been great. Strikers tend to lose a lot of balls, he played as a striker, a good one

Juan03

don't think so. He was highly motivated to score this match. It's the 'pichichi' race that is making him want to score above everything else and decreasing his creative side on some games. He isn't just a goal machine, that's why we expect more than what he has done. If he would be just a striker, his match would have been great. Strikers tend to lose a lot of balls, he played as a striker, a good one

i hope so. i don't want to see him loose motivation at such a young age, maybe he has instructions from Pep who knows, i just don't like it when he is just walking for long periods of the game, not getting in good positions to receive the ball and not tracking back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans