10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
http://sport.es/default.asp?idpublicacio_PK=44&idioma=CAS&idnoticia_PK=740129&idseccio_PK=806

I don't speak spanish, but the headline is more than enough on google translate. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuu....!

5mk65s.gif

X

xaviniesta

ARG announces Messi doesn't play because of an overburdening of his right hamstrings. Barcelona confirms. [@mccastilla via @edupolo - ona]

All sources agree Messi won't play with ARG today. Reasons mentioned: pressure Barcelona, tactical choice, small injury. [ole-clarin-sport]

Spokesperson Argentinian federation: "Messi isn't injured. The player asked to play but the coach wants him to rest." [catalunya radio]

Clockwise

Buccaneer
ARG announces Messi doesn't play because of an overburdening of his right hamstrings. Barcelona confirms. [@mccastilla via @edupolo - ona]

All sources agree Messi won't play with ARG today. Reasons mentioned: pressure Barcelona, tactical choice, small injury. [ole-clarin-sport]

Spokesperson Argentinian federation: "Messi isn't injured. The player asked to play but the coach wants him to rest." [catalunya radio]

yeah I read that too. Barca was pretty much putting pressure on Argentina national team the moment Messi was called on. but here's what the Costa rica officials think :

"Costa Rican FA president Eduardo Li has revealed the encounter has been sold out, and expects Barcelona striker Lionel Messi to be chosen by the Albiceleste.

"If Messi does not play, it would be impolite behaviour [from Argentina]," he said. "Messi's arrival in Costa Rica is like Pele's visit 40 years ago.

"We are all excited. This is a unique event for the Costa Rican national team and the whole country too."

That's good for Barca if he doesn't play but his presence is of huge importance to Arg team because they're building the team around him to prepare for the Copa (and he's been instrumental in Arg recent wins).

Last edited:

FiReFTW

You BELIEVE he has real potential? You mean, you haven't seen it yet? Where have you been?

Real potential was obviously aimed at comparing him to the greats, top whatever if you may, but I guess you need to point everything out for people like you, sorry.
Bolding something now thats just interesting coming from you, do you perhaps think people around here are on your level, so you need to point what you meant with your sentence?

dalitis8

Banned
Marca says that he is injured...

and that he is doubtful for the Vilarreal game...

and that he is doubtful for the Vilarreal game...

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Marca can't even predict the Madrid lineup so I wouldn't look much into what they say on Messi injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans