10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

lessthanjake

With Barca in the Final and Ronaldo winning only 1 cup (he didnt deserve more) , I think it's very clear who is the favourite to win the Ballon D'or. If barca win the Champions league i think we'll see another Messi Xavi Iniesta for the top 3 and Messi Winning it for the 3rd time in a row.

Yeah Messi has to be the favorite. He is the consensus best player in the world and the only way the consensus best player in the world wouldn't get the ballon d'or is if it went to a great player on a more successful team. However, at this point, only Manchester United can be more successful than Barcelona (if they hold onto the Premier League and win the CL final). However, even if that happened, there really isn't anyone on Manchester United who would have much of an argument for the ballon d'or. Rooney has had an up and down season. Vidic has been a monstrous defender, but a defender on a moderately more successful team is not going to get the award over Messi. Nani, Berbatov, Hernandez, Giggs, etc have all been quite good, but not at all ballon d'or good. Other great players like Ronaldo are thought of as not as good as Messi AND will have been on less successful teams, so they have no chance.

translate please

Well I know (just) a little bit of Spanish but I'll give it a try:

"The best player right now? Messi! They are two different players though, I respect Cristiano Ronaldo as well. I've already said that they're both excellent and complete players. Well, Messi gets the ball on his feet, he's so fast and he shots pretty good either. I don't know, the truth is that for the time being, I'd go with Messi rather than Cristiano."

I just realized that this video was pretty old actually. If Iker is to chose a player now, it will doubtlessly be Cristiano Ronaldo.

Last edited:

ricknattery

Well I know (just) a little bit of Spanish but I'll give it a try:

"The best player right now? Messi! They are two different players though, I respect Cristiano Ronaldo as well. I've already said that they're both excellent and complete players. Well, Messi gets the ball on his feet, he's so fast and he shots pretty good either. I don't know, the truth is that for the time being, I'd go with Messi before Cristiano."

I just realized that this video was pretty old actually. If Iker is to chose a player now, it will doubtlessly be Cristiano Ronaldo.

He actually said Messi is the best between those two this season again, and madrid press went crazy he had to rectify
That was when iker was not absorved by mourinho's lies

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
Can't believe this kid is gonna be the first player in history to become the world's best player 3 years on the trot and he just freaking 23 !
Not to mention no one ever won more than 3...

Simply unbelievable, un-freakin-believable...

10Messi10

True Barcelonista
lol i went to check wikipedia Ballon D'or winners, some mad cristiano ronaldo fan edited the winners & replaced messi with cr7 in the last 2 years lol giving c ronaldo 3 in a row

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballon_d'Or

oh yeah, and platini won 3 in a row n 1983, 1984, and 1985

that time it was just european player of the year..not world player of the year like now

wow from wikipedia ronaldo has won 3 times (2008, 2009, 2010)..:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans